JIS given a week to submit kindergarten permit
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
An official with the Education and Culture Ministry said that the Jakarta International School (JIS) has been given a week to complete and submit its request for a kindergarten establishment and operational permit.
Lydia Freyani Hawadi, the ministry's director-general for informal and non-formal early childhood education (PAUDNI), said the school was currently aiming to fulfill the requirements.
'The school principal tells us, however, that he is having difficulty completing the requirements,' she said.
Lydia acknowledged that she was first made aware of the absence of a permit after conducting an annual evaluation of the school in January.
'The school's management thought that the permit for the kindergarten was the same as the permit that they use for the elementary school,' she said.
The reputable school has come under fire after a kindergarten student claimed that he had been sexually assaulted by some of the school's outsourced cleaners.(idb/dic)
You might also like :
- Farmers use organic farming to reduce dependence on imported pesticides, fertilizers
- Indonesia to regulate domestic coal price to curb electricity costs
- Organic farmers use natural seedling 'pots for higher yields
- Agnez Mo’s ‘Vogue US’ magazine is out
- Porsche Centre Jakarta: The best place to take care of your luxury cars
- Indonesia to hand over 2m ha of forest land to locals: Minister
- Government halts all elevated projects
- Could the Swedish trend of ‘plogging’ help you get fit in 2018?
- Jakarta to receive two MRT trains in March
- Government to set new coal price formula next week