JIS given a week to submit kindergarten permit
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
An official with the Education and Culture Ministry said that the Jakarta International School (JIS) has been given a week to complete and submit its request for a kindergarten establishment and operational permit.
Lydia Freyani Hawadi, the ministry's director-general for informal and non-formal early childhood education (PAUDNI), said the school was currently aiming to fulfill the requirements.
'The school principal tells us, however, that he is having difficulty completing the requirements,' she said.
Lydia acknowledged that she was first made aware of the absence of a permit after conducting an annual evaluation of the school in January.
'The school's management thought that the permit for the kindergarten was the same as the permit that they use for the elementary school,' she said.
The reputable school has come under fire after a kindergarten student claimed that he had been sexually assaulted by some of the school's outsourced cleaners.(idb/dic)
You might also like :
- Taipei guide: Four places where fireflies light up the night sky
- Duterte says he can be 50 times more brutal than terrorists
- Six Singaporean military personnel deported after Batam raid
- Bali declared world's top destination for 2017
- Norwegian man caught stealing iPhone at Garuda lounge
- Nearing 100-day mark, Trump says milestone not 'meaningful'
- The sad saga of North Korea's ATMs
- Kanye West, adidas announce launch of newest Yeezy sneakers
- French stocks soar to near-decade highs as Macron tops poll
- State lender BNI to open branch office in Melbourne