JIS given a week to submit kindergarten permit
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
An official with the Education and Culture Ministry said that the Jakarta International School (JIS) has been given a week to complete and submit its request for a kindergarten establishment and operational permit.
Lydia Freyani Hawadi, the ministry's director-general for informal and non-formal early childhood education (PAUDNI), said the school was currently aiming to fulfill the requirements.
'The school principal tells us, however, that he is having difficulty completing the requirements,' she said.
Lydia acknowledged that she was first made aware of the absence of a permit after conducting an annual evaluation of the school in January.
'The school's management thought that the permit for the kindergarten was the same as the permit that they use for the elementary school,' she said.
The reputable school has come under fire after a kindergarten student claimed that he had been sexually assaulted by some of the school's outsourced cleaners.(idb/dic)
You might also like :
- 19 Jambi pilgrims die of 'natural causes' during haj
- Soekarno–Hatta International Airport Skytrain is officially launched
- EDITORIAL: Death of free speech
- The Pirate Bay mined cryptocurrency by ‘borrowing’ visitors’ CPU
- Fishermen, including from Indonesia, 'kept like slaves' in Taiwan
- Parent sends open letter to Jokowi, seeking justice for son’s death
- Mount Agung activity on the rise: Agency
- Slum dwellers’ homes in Surakarta to be upgraded
- Suu Kyi says Myanmar ready to take back Rohingya refugees
- Banyuwangi to hold International Tour de Banyuwangi Ijen cycling competition