JIS given a week to submit kindergarten permit
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
An official with the Education and Culture Ministry said that the Jakarta International School (JIS) has been given a week to complete and submit its request for a kindergarten establishment and operational permit.
Lydia Freyani Hawadi, the ministry's director-general for informal and non-formal early childhood education (PAUDNI), said the school was currently aiming to fulfill the requirements.
'The school principal tells us, however, that he is having difficulty completing the requirements,' she said.
Lydia acknowledged that she was first made aware of the absence of a permit after conducting an annual evaluation of the school in January.
'The school's management thought that the permit for the kindergarten was the same as the permit that they use for the elementary school,' she said.
The reputable school has come under fire after a kindergarten student claimed that he had been sexually assaulted by some of the school's outsourced cleaners.(idb/dic)
You might also like :
- Obama’s Bali trip includes museum visit, rice terraces, rafting adventure
- 7-Eleven loses steam due to alcohol ban, tight margin: Business group
- Jokowi enjoys 'mudik' to Surakarta for Idul Fitri
- Medan attack perpetrators want to steal weapons for next terrorist operations: Police
- Men mugged with lighter in Bekasi
- As maids enjoy 'mudik,' Greater Jakarta families stay at hotels
- N. Jakarta officials improve data to pave way for Anies's OK-OCE program
- Pakistan marks grim Eid after oil tanker inferno kills 153
- Do not return on weekend, toll road operator tells Jakartans
- Medan Police attackers linked to IS: Police