Tangerang to construct 'selfie garden' for photography lovers
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
The Tangerang administration in Banten province will establish a so-called 'garden of selfies', or self-portrait photographs, behind the Tangerang City mall in Cikokol.
Tangerang Mayor Arief R Wismansyah said that his administration would start the construction this year, adding that staff members were currently planning the design of the garden.
'Photography lovers can use the selfie garden for gatherings. The garden also can be used for those who want to take intimate pre-wedding photos,' he said on Thursday, as quoted by Antara news agency.
Arief, a businessman who has served the city since December 2013, said that he invited all photographers to share their ideas about the design of the garden because he hoped that it would be in line with their expectations once it was constructed.
'We can make the design of this garden together because photographers and residents who love photography will use it,' he said.
He said that residents could also share their ideas about the design by contacting a call center on 1500293. He added that he expected the garden of selfies to become an icon of Tangerang. (alz)
You might also like :
- Moon, Kim get peace award from Indonesian community
- Only 2% of ads show women as leaders: Study
- Malea Emma Tjandrawidjaja stuns 'American Idol' judges
- Here comes Bui Squad: Palu inmates help earthquake, tsunami survivors
- Dark side of K-pop: The East Light leader claims years of abuse
- Nudist beach surfer punches shark to escape attack
- Saudi Arabia deployed Twitter army against critics: NY Times
- US mulls revoking recognition of transgender people: Report
- Meikarta project abides by spatial regulation: Minister
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world