'I'm ready to face new challenges,' says maritime affairs minister
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
Coordinating Maritime Affairs Minister Indroyono Susilo says he is ready to face the challenges of developing Indonesia as a global maritime center through his office.
'The Office of the Coordinating Maritime Minister is a new office at which I will face new challenges,' he said as quoted by Antara news agency after President Joko 'Jokowi' Widodo announced his Cabinet lineup at the Merdeka Palace in Jakarta on Sunday evening.
Indroyono said he was first contacted by President Jokowi's presidential staff on Oct.18, when he was in Rome, Italy.
Prior to the appointment, Indroyono served as the fisheries management director at the Food and Agricultural Organization (FAO).
'After I received a phone call from President Jokowi and was invited to meet him, I immediately returned to Jakarta. On Oct.21, I met the President at the Presidential Palace,' he said.
Indroyono further said that during the meeting, Jokowi expressed hope that he could help develop Indonesia as a global maritime post through the Office of the Coordinating Maritime Affairs Minister, which will coordinate four ministries and a number of governmental non-ministerial institutions.
Indroyono said that becoming the coordinating maritime affairs minister was quite challenging because it was a brand new office.
'I have to find a new office and new staff members, so it is really a new challenge for me,' he said.
Indroyono said he would formulate an applicable program for the next five years. 'After the inauguration ceremony tomorrow [Monday], I will be ready to develop my country and nation, Indonesia,' he said. (ebf)
You might also like :
- Uber, Grab to adjust with new decree
- Indonesia expects to pass data protection bill in 2018
- BI investigates use of bitcoin in Bali
- Ed Sheeran announces engagement
- Several Ukrainians among 18 dead in Taliban attack on Kabul hotel
- President Jokowi purchases custom motorcycle, boosts local businesses
- Fashion brand celebrates third anniversary by cleaning Baduy tribal areas
- Sundance debuts dark tale of triplets split at birth
- Man shot dead in night club's parking lot in Bogor
- Danny McBride to play Crocodile Dundee's son in new movie