City to unveil Asian Games mascot, logo
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta administration and the Indonesian Olympic Committee (KOI) will unveil on Jan. 7 the logo and mascot for the 2018 Asian Games, which Jakarta will host together with Palembang in South Sumatra and Bandung in West Java.
Jakarta Tourism Agency deputy head Sylviana Murni said that the logo was designed by the KOI and selected by the Olympic Council of Asia (OCA) and would be revealed at the National Monument (Monas) park in Central Jakarta.
'The logo was designed by the KOI. The logo and mascots must have four elements, which are land, water, air and humans, and don't forget Indonesian trademarks,' Sylviana told reporters at City Hall on Tuesday.
She went on to say that the city administration was currently undergoing intensive preparations for the Asian Games, such as renovating venues and speeding up infrastructure projects. 'For example, we plan to conduct a total renovation of the Velodrome Sports Hall in East Jakarta starting 2016. We will also renovate the Senayan Sports Hall,' Sylviana said.
She added that all renovations were expected to be completed in mid-2017.
You might also like :
- Australian arrested for alleged street assault
- Three foreign tourists rescued after failed fishing trip in Aceh
- At midnight, Riyadh erupts in cheers for a woman in a car
- Mexico caught up in victorious jumble of joy
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- How to get discounted airline tickets outside of travel fairs
- Flights, sea voyages safe despite Anak Krakatau eruption: Official
- 10 best cities to study abroad
- Indonesia poised to benefit as China's Belt and Road turns green
- Jakpost guide to bookworm havens