City to unveil Asian Games mascot, logo
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta administration and the Indonesian Olympic Committee (KOI) will unveil on Jan. 7 the logo and mascot for the 2018 Asian Games, which Jakarta will host together with Palembang in South Sumatra and Bandung in West Java.
Jakarta Tourism Agency deputy head Sylviana Murni said that the logo was designed by the KOI and selected by the Olympic Council of Asia (OCA) and would be revealed at the National Monument (Monas) park in Central Jakarta.
'The logo was designed by the KOI. The logo and mascots must have four elements, which are land, water, air and humans, and don't forget Indonesian trademarks,' Sylviana told reporters at City Hall on Tuesday.
She went on to say that the city administration was currently undergoing intensive preparations for the Asian Games, such as renovating venues and speeding up infrastructure projects. 'For example, we plan to conduct a total renovation of the Velodrome Sports Hall in East Jakarta starting 2016. We will also renovate the Senayan Sports Hall,' Sylviana said.
She added that all renovations were expected to be completed in mid-2017.
You might also like :
- Only 4 of 6 US-granted F-16s arrive in Indonesia amid engine trouble
- Anies unaware of lunch meeting with mass organizations
- MRT, LRT projects cause floods in Jakarta: Anies
- No escape: Climate displacement in Indonesia
- Lazada.co.id to expand warehouses, merchants
- Jakarta Council Speaker urges Anies to focus on work
- Four arrested over alleged plan to attack police in Riau
- Activists slam Jokowi for lip service on human rights cases
- Bali's rumbling volcano slashes peak Christmas tourist numbers
- Water inundates Cawang underpass, Jakarta council building