Citilink connects Bandung and Lombok
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
Low-cost carrier Citilink Indonesia launched a new route on Thursday connecting Bandung, West Java, to holiday destination Lombok, West Nusa Tenggara.
'This Bandung'Lombok route has huge potential and we are aiming to capture the business and travel markets,' Citilink corporate communications vice president Benny Butar Butar said in Bandung as quoted by Antara news agency.
Benny said the carrier would offer two daily flights with an Airbus A320-200 plane that had the capacity to carry 180 passengers.
'Bandung is a strategic hub for commercial airlines at the moment and we are optimistic our passenger load factor on this route will reach 80 percent,' he added.
Besides Lombok, Citilink connects Husein Sastranegara Airport with Kualanamu International Airport in North Sumatra and Ngurah Rai International Airport in Bali.
He also said the new flight service provided easier and comfortable access for Bandung residents who wished to visit Lombok since they no longer needed to fly from Jakarta. (***)
You might also like :
- TV program under fire for showing protected giant clam being cooked
- Group touts Susi Pudjiastuti as Jokowi’s running mate
- New rule no 'carte blanche' for foreign workers: Minister
- Kate, wife of UK's Prince William, taken to hospital to give birth to third child
- Government issues revised regulation on tax holidays
- Mitsubishi, Honda introduce special edition cars at IIMS
- Palm oil exports fall by 14% in February: Gapki
- EDITORIAL: When interests collide
- Indonesian-made messaging app Callind launches in Jakarta
- Landslide damages house in Depok