Citilink connects Bandung and Lombok
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta Post
Low-cost carrier Citilink Indonesia launched a new route on Thursday connecting Bandung, West Java, to holiday destination Lombok, West Nusa Tenggara.
'This Bandung'Lombok route has huge potential and we are aiming to capture the business and travel markets,' Citilink corporate communications vice president Benny Butar Butar said in Bandung as quoted by Antara news agency.
Benny said the carrier would offer two daily flights with an Airbus A320-200 plane that had the capacity to carry 180 passengers.
'Bandung is a strategic hub for commercial airlines at the moment and we are optimistic our passenger load factor on this route will reach 80 percent,' he added.
Besides Lombok, Citilink connects Husein Sastranegara Airport with Kualanamu International Airport in North Sumatra and Ngurah Rai International Airport in Bali.
He also said the new flight service provided easier and comfortable access for Bandung residents who wished to visit Lombok since they no longer needed to fly from Jakarta. (***)
You might also like :
- Jokowi’s surprise for Korea
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Palm oil waste-fueled generators produce electricity in Kutai
- Semen Indonesia acquires Holcim Indonesia
- Merpati escapes bankruptcy, but no guarantee it will fly again
- Bank Indonesia hikes rate to 6 percent
- Next US House foreign affairs chief vows to check Trump, warns Russia
- Prabowo plans Singapore-like taxes for Indonesia
- Teenagers boil sanitary pads to get high
- Lion Air passengers change planes because of broken AC