KPK digs deeper in Damayanti case
The Jakarta Post
Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK) investigators on Friday searched two more offices in relation to a bribery case involving Damayanti Wisnu Putranti, a member of the ruling Indonesian Democratic Party of Struggle (PDI-P).
The two places are the Public Works Ministry's Bina Marga (highways department) office in Kebayoran Baru, South Jakarta, and the offices of PT Windhu Tunggal Utama in the Blok M area, also in South Jakarta.
"We seized some [potential] evidence, such as documents and electronic items," KPK spokeswoman Yuyuk Andriati told the press at KPK headquarters in Jakarta on Friday afternoon.
Earlier, investigators from the antigraft body had searched the office of the deputy chairman of House of Representatives Commission V, which oversees transportation and infrastructure, Yudi Widiana Adia, from the Prosperous Justice Party (PKS).
They had also searched offices of two members of Commission V, namely Damayanti Wisnu Putranti of the PDI-P faction and Budi Supriyanto of the Golkar Party faction.
The searches of Budi's and Yudi's offices followed the questioning of Damayanti. "Our investigators believe there are traces [of evidence] related to the suspects, thus they had to do the search," she said.
The anticorruption body arrested Damayanti on Wednesday night. Damayanti had reportedly sent two staff members, Julia Prasetyarini and Dessy A. Edwin, to meet with PT Windhu Tunggal Utama CEO Abdul Khoir on Tuesday.
At the meeting, Abdul allegedly promised Damayanti, Julia and Dessy a "commitment fee" of S$99,000 to win projects funded by the House in Maluku province. The KPK apprehended all four of them on Wednesday night.
For the PDI-P, it was the second time the KPK arrested one of its members from the 2014-2019 House. In April 2015, the commission nabbed Adriansyah, a member of Commission VII overseeing energy, while he was attending a PDI-P congress in Bali. (ags)
You might also like :
- AccorHotels to operate 200 hotels in Indonesia by 2020
- Churchgoers perform service amid rally in Cikarang
- Hate speech clouds Indonesia's internet in 2016: Police
- More Cipinang inmates transferred to Nusakambangan
- Jakarta Police chief visits Santa Clara Church construction site
- Govt goes extra mile to accelerate land distribution
- The trouble with pedophiles in Indonesia
- Indonesia's Daud Yordan beats Thai boxer in 2nd round of non-title bout
- Soccer fan brawl in Tangerang, one death
- Depok aims to certify 500 land plots