Jakarta bombing mastermind "IT expert": Police
The Jakarta Post
National Police spokesperson Insp.Gen. Anton Charliyan said on Sunday that Bahrun Naim, aka Singgih Tamtomo, aka Abu Rayan, the alleged orchestrator of suicide bombings and gun attacks in Central Jakarta on Thursday, which left eight people dead, was an information and technology (IT) expert.
Anton said Bahrun made use of his technological expertise to recruit followers and plan terror acts.
"He [Bahrun] is an IT expert. He has a special team," he said as quoted by kompas.com at the National Police headquarters in Jakarta on Sunday.
Anton said Bahrun used messenger and text message service applications as his communications tool. The terror suspect also recruited his targets by posting friendship invitations through social media.
Eight people, including four civilians, were killed while more than 20 others were injured in the suicide bombings and gun attacks in the area of the Sarinah shopping center in Jakarta, on Thursday.
Earlier, the National Police confirmed that Sugito, one of five people previously believed to have been a terrorist, was in fact victim of the attacks. "So we can confirm four people as perpetrators of the attacks," the police said.
The body of Rico Hermawan ( 21 ), one of the civilians killed in Thursday's attacks, has been buried in his hometown of Boyolali, Central Java.
Rico's body arrived at his family's home at 5:20 a.m. local time, Sunday, and was later buried in a village cemetery located around 200 meters from his home at around 7 a.m.
Boyolali Police chief Adj. Sr. Comr. Budi Sartono and hundreds of local people helped carry Rico's body to his final resting place. A family member, Sigit Mulyono Putro, 45, said Rico had been living with his parents in Jakarta since he was a child. Rico's family is currently living in Condet, Kramat Jati, East Jakarta. (ebf)
You might also like :
- President Trump, thank you for not attending ASEAN summit
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Teenagers boil sanitary pads to get high
- Indonesia to free Bali Nine drug smuggler Lawrence: Official
- Government to issue new regulation on coal permits
- Associate of close Trump adviser expects to be indicted by Mueller
- JT610 victim's bride takes wedding photo shoot without groom
- Garuda to reopen Jakarta-London route
- ASEAN ministers sign agreement on e-commerce
- University student ‘pseudo poll’: LGBT behavior caused by keeping wrong company...