Urban Chat: Patriotically going on a spending spree
A common conversation topic nowadays is how slow the economy has become. Friends in media and showbusiness find it difficult to get publicity and sponsorship; pals in fast-moving consumer goods and telecommunications (typically happy to shell out dough) report cutbacks on non-pivotal promotions because sales have been slow.
A slowdown in consumer spending is not exactly news. My contacts i...
- Indonesia Instagram's biggest market in Asia Pacific
- Jakarta Police welcome new chief
- Locals bulldoze orangutan conservation forest area in East Kalimantan
- World Bank to offer blended financing for Indonesia
- World Bank advises Indonesia to push for reforms
- Ubud listed among 'world's top 15 cities'
- Penyengat Island to focus on religious tourism
- 'Interest groups have played with Novel's case': Activist
- The best airport in the world just got better
- Freeport to issue new shares to meet divestment requirement