Soul: Zero waste villages - “A project to help families turn food and kitchen waste into compost”
WORDS DESY NURHAYATI PHOTOS COURTESY OF ROTARY CLUB
It has long been common practice for families to dump their organic waste in the backyard for pigs or cows to feed on, instead of collecting the waste to create compost. This habit attracts houseflies, rats, cockroaches and many insects.
Many households even dispose of organic waste with their general rubbish, which is then taken to the land fill. Some simply burn all their waste.
- Obama arrives in Bali
- Media mogul declared intimidation suspect
- Indonesia's Jangkrik field’s first LNG cargo delivered
- Australia sends spy planes to south Philippines
- Former US president Obama to arrive on Bali this afternoon
- Australian citizen denied entry to Bali due to criminal record
- Property developer sees potential to build office buildings for startups in Bali
- Indonesia's upstream projects proposed for strategic project list
- No extravagant ceremony to welcome Obama: Official
- Online drivers choose to stay in Jakarta to earn more cash