Helicopter with 5 people on board missing in Nepal
Officials say a helicopter carrying five people has gone missing in a mountainous region of Nepal while flying a sick woman to a hospital in Kathmandu.
Government official Khagendra Ghimire said villagers reported seeing smoke coming from a mountain area northeast of the capital. Soldiers and police were traveling to the area to investigate.
The helicopter was sent to a village to evacuate an ill pregnant woman. Contact with the aircraft was lost when it was about 16 kilometers (10 miles) from Kathmandu.
All five occupants including the pilot are Nepalese nationals.
You might also like :
- Bali to develop offshore airport
- Indonesia introduces tax data integration system to boost transparency
- Novel Baswedan returns home
- Five feared dead, dozens buried in Brebes landslide
- Yogyakarta to transform into Indonesian Silicon Valley
- Provincial governments to maximize inter-province trade
- Winners of the 2018 Brit Awards
- Yogyakarta academicians call on MK chief justice to step down
- German arrested over alleged drug smuggling
- Briton arrested over alleged attempt to smuggle diazepam