Helicopter with 5 people on board missing in Nepal
Officials say a helicopter carrying five people has gone missing in a mountainous region of Nepal while flying a sick woman to a hospital in Kathmandu.
Government official Khagendra Ghimire said villagers reported seeing smoke coming from a mountain area northeast of the capital. Soldiers and police were traveling to the area to investigate.
The helicopter was sent to a village to evacuate an ill pregnant woman. Contact with the aircraft was lost when it was about 16 kilometers (10 miles) from Kathmandu.
All five occupants including the pilot are Nepalese nationals.
You might also like :
- Drone captures widened crater fracture on Mt Agung
- Another coin-tossing elderly Chinese causes flight chaos
- Want to have fantastic eye health? These tips can help
- Soekarno-Hatta to open ride-hailing transport booths
- Minister Susi to display 10 arrested foreign-flagged fishing vessels
- Freeport vehicles shot at by unidentified assailants
- Jakarta Fashion Week 2018 celebrates diversity in 10th anniversary
- Jokowi inaugurates Mandalika economic zone
- Sidewalk development in North Jakarta has reached 45% completion
- S.Tangerang Police arrest man claiming to be FBR member for alleged extortion, violence