Helicopter with 5 people on board missing in Nepal
Officials say a helicopter carrying five people has gone missing in a mountainous region of Nepal while flying a sick woman to a hospital in Kathmandu.
Government official Khagendra Ghimire said villagers reported seeing smoke coming from a mountain area northeast of the capital. Soldiers and police were traveling to the area to investigate.
The helicopter was sent to a village to evacuate an ill pregnant woman. Contact with the aircraft was lost when it was about 16 kilometers (10 miles) from Kathmandu.
All five occupants including the pilot are Nepalese nationals.
You might also like :
- Australian arrested for alleged street assault
- Three foreign tourists rescued after failed fishing trip in Aceh
- At midnight, Riyadh erupts in cheers for a woman in a car
- Mexico caught up in victorious jumble of joy
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- How to get discounted airline tickets outside of travel fairs
- Flights, sea voyages safe despite Anak Krakatau eruption: Official
- 10 best cities to study abroad
- Indonesia poised to benefit as China's Belt and Road turns green
- Jakpost guide to bookworm havens