Helicopter with 5 people on board missing in Nepal
Officials say a helicopter carrying five people has gone missing in a mountainous region of Nepal while flying a sick woman to a hospital in Kathmandu.
Government official Khagendra Ghimire said villagers reported seeing smoke coming from a mountain area northeast of the capital. Soldiers and police were traveling to the area to investigate.
The helicopter was sent to a village to evacuate an ill pregnant woman. Contact with the aircraft was lost when it was about 16 kilometers (10 miles) from Kathmandu.
All five occupants including the pilot are Nepalese nationals.
You might also like :
- Agnez Mo announces collaboration with Chris Brown
- Apartment construction work blamed for floods in Central Jakarta
- Flights to Bali fall by 30 percent: Inaca
- Garcia Marquez archive now accessible online
- Five cadets found guilty of murder
- Setya's pretrial hearing adjourned until Thursday
- Thousands of passengers stuck as ‘angkot’ drivers strike
- Urban problems worsening this year: LBH Jakarta
- Garuda Indonesia signs 10-year contract extension with GMF
- Most pumps work well, says agency on Jakarta's recent floods