Mixed doubles duo Tontowi/Liliyana secure final berth at Rio Olympics
The Jakarta Post
Indonesian mixed doubles pair Tontowi Ahmad and Liliyana Natsir cruised into the final stage of the Olympics Games in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil after crushing Chinese archrivals Zhang Nan and Zhao Yunlei in an easy 21-16, 21-15 on Monday local time.
"We played with composure, focus and good teamwork today. That was the key to our victory,” Liliyana was quoted by Bola sports news portal.
With the result, the 2014 All England Champions pair improved their record to 6-13 with the Chinese pair still having an edge in their international meets.
The Indonesian pair will take on Malaysian Chan Peng Soon/Goh Liu Ying, who beat Chinese duo Xu Chen/Ma Jin.
The final showdown to win the gold medal is scheduled for Wednesday. (dmr)
You might also like :
- Jokowi’s surprise for Korea
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Palm oil waste-fueled generators produce electricity in Kutai
- Semen Indonesia acquires Holcim Indonesia
- Merpati escapes bankruptcy, but no guarantee it will fly again
- Teenagers boil sanitary pads to get high
- Sexual harassment victim ordered to start prison sentence next week
- Prabowo plans Singapore-like taxes for Indonesia
- Bank Indonesia hikes rate to 6 percent
- Lion Air passengers change planes because of broken AC