Bittersweet life in Jakarta
I was heading to Terminal 3 at the Soekarno-Hatta airport about to head “back to the village” of Ngepas, Sleman, 15 kilometers north of the center of Yogyakarta, after 25 years in Jakarta. I arrived in Jakarta from my home near Purwokerto in August 1990, and this morning a mix of thoughts filled my mind.
Politics in Jakarta is heated at the moment. The election campaign for the governo...
- EDITORIAL: Politics in Pertamina shakeup
- Setya Novanto e-ID graft case timeline
- Danareksa eyes Rp 500 billion AUM from new ETF product
- Education ministry cancels anti-LGBT event
- Don't panic, minister says as rupiah weakens
- Man dies of exhaustion on South Jakarta road
- Chiang Mai woman’s tattoo is ‘practical magic’
- Maria Simorangkir crowned Indonesian Idol 2018
- Rp 1 trillion invested through Bareksa digital investment portal
- Big secrets, bumper box-office for 'Avengers: Infinity War'