Jokowi attempts to lift tax amnesty participation in E. Kalimantan
The Jakarta Post
President Joko "Jokowi" Widodo continued his tour to campaign the tax amnesty in Balikpapan, East Kalimantan, on Monday following an earlier visit to Makassar, South Sulawesi.
"The amnesty’s performance has been relatively low here. That's why I invite local businesspeople to join a familiarization program [of the amnesty]," the President said as quoted by kompas.com on Sunday evening.
Aside from advocating the tax amnesty, Jokowi along with First Lady Iriana is scheduled to inspect a village funds project in Kutai Kartanegara regency.
Jokowi will be in the city until late Monday. Balikpapan is the last city of his recent tour before heading back to the capital.
As of Nov. 24, Rp 3.81 quadrillion (US$282 billion) worth of assets had been declared through the amnesty, Rp 143 trillion of which had been repatriated. Penalty fees on declarations paid reached Rp 94.85 trillion. (dmr)
You might also like :
- Jokowi’s surprise for Korea
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Palm oil waste-fueled generators produce electricity in Kutai
- Semen Indonesia acquires Holcim Indonesia
- Merpati escapes bankruptcy, but no guarantee it will fly again
- Bank Indonesia hikes rate to 6 percent
- Next US House foreign affairs chief vows to check Trump, warns Russia
- Prabowo plans Singapore-like taxes for Indonesia
- Teenagers boil sanitary pads to get high
- Lion Air passengers change planes because of broken AC