Island focus: Balikpapan rejects FPI and GNPF-MUI
The Jakarta Post
Hundreds of people from the Alliance of Islamic Youths in Balikpapan, East Kalimantan, on Monday demanded that the authorities forbid the establishment of controversial hard-line groups in the city.
The alliance rejects the establishment of the Islam Defenders Front (FPI) and the National Movement to Safeguard the Indonesian Ulema Council’s Fatwa (GNPF-MUI).
Among members of the a...
- Environment minister responds to President’s criticism
- Essay: Losing my religion
- 1.2 million drug abusers live in Jakarta
- North Korean celebrity's homecoming: Happy to be home or was she kidnapped?
- Ministry seizes Jakarta’s party bus
- Don’t make us get nothing: Speaker on Jakarta councilors’ allowance increase
- Don’t scare investors away, Jokowi tells ministers
- House lawmaker supports rupiah redenomination
- Sleman promotes batik with Sleman Creative Award 2017
- Bikers banned from new Semanggi Interchange because of selfie fears