Island focus: Balikpapan rejects FPI and GNPF-MUI
The Jakarta Post
Hundreds of people from the Alliance of Islamic Youths in Balikpapan, East Kalimantan, on Monday demanded that the authorities forbid the establishment of controversial hard-line groups in the city.
The alliance rejects the establishment of the Islam Defenders Front (FPI) and the National Movement to Safeguard the Indonesian Ulema Council’s Fatwa (GNPF-MUI).
Among members of the a...
- Taipei guide: Four places where fireflies light up the night sky
- Duterte says he can be 50 times more brutal than terrorists
- Six Singaporean military personnel deported after Batam raid
- Bali declared world's top destination for 2017
- Norwegian man caught stealing iPhone at Garuda lounge
- Nearing 100-day mark, Trump says milestone not 'meaningful'
- Kanye West, adidas announce launch of newest Yeezy sneakers
- The sad saga of North Korea's ATMs
- French stocks soar to near-decade highs as Macron tops poll
- Anies refuses to talk about programs until official election result