Island focus: Balikpapan rejects FPI and GNPF-MUI
The Jakarta Post
Hundreds of people from the Alliance of Islamic Youths in Balikpapan, East Kalimantan, on Monday demanded that the authorities forbid the establishment of controversial hard-line groups in the city.
The alliance rejects the establishment of the Islam Defenders Front (FPI) and the National Movement to Safeguard the Indonesian Ulema Council’s Fatwa (GNPF-MUI).
Among members of the a...
- Indonesia prepares company to manage Freeport
- Freeport needs to stand up to Indonesia over the CoW issue
- Indonesian woman shocked to find kidney had been removed after working in Qatar
- Anies, Ahok to face off in second round: KPU Jakarta
- Bandung terrorist suspect was 'recidivist': Police
- Six ways to identify an authentic Padang restaurant
- Rihanna is named Harvard University Humanitarian of the Year
- Philippine militants release video of German's beheading
- Partnership with Saudi Arabia sought for tourism development in NTB
- King Salman's visit to Indonesia should benefit both countries: House