Island focus: Balikpapan rejects FPI and GNPF-MUI
The Jakarta Post
Hundreds of people from the Alliance of Islamic Youths in Balikpapan, East Kalimantan, on Monday demanded that the authorities forbid the establishment of controversial hard-line groups in the city.
The alliance rejects the establishment of the Islam Defenders Front (FPI) and the National Movement to Safeguard the Indonesian Ulema Council’s Fatwa (GNPF-MUI).
Among members of the a...
- EDITORIAL: Politics in Pertamina shakeup
- Danareksa eyes Rp 500 billion AUM from new ETF product
- Education ministry cancels anti-LGBT event
- Don't panic, minister says as rupiah weakens
- Man dies of exhaustion on South Jakarta road
- Chiang Mai woman’s tattoo is ‘practical magic’
- Setya Novanto e-ID graft case timeline
- Child beggar coordinators arrested in Depok
- Big secrets, bumper box-office for 'Avengers: Infinity War'
- Rp 1 trillion invested through Bareksa digital investment portal