Jakarta's City Hall calls on municipalities, regency to help voters
The Jakarta Post
Jakarta's assistant to the secretary for administrative affairs, Bambang Sugiono, called on officials at Jakarta's six regional election desks in mayoral and regent offices to provide information related to the current election.
“So, the desks are not merely meeting places, but also a place to give information [to voters],” Bambang said Tuesday during the desk evaluation, as quoted by beritajakarta.com.
Residents, Bambang continued, would be able to report their problems related to Jakarta's election directly to the desks.
In September, the local administration launched regional election desks for Jakarta located in the five mayors' offices and the Thousand Islands' regent's office.
Jakarta is getting ready for the election runoff on April 19, in which two pairs will contest the gubernatorial seat: Basuki “Ahok” Tjahaja Purnama-Djarot Saiful Hidayat and Anies Baswedan-Sandiaga Uno. (wnd)
You might also like :
- Warding off Lembu Sora’s curse at Mt. Kelud crater
- 'Cek Toko Sebelah' to be screened in Chinese cinemas
- Militants attack Iran army parade killing civilians: state media
- New bombshell revives debate on Trump fitness for office
- US court rules for Colorado 'intersex' veteran denied passport
- US sanctions Chinese military unit for buying Russian jets, missiles
- Truck full of bodies draws Mexicans searching for relatives
- Groups welcome Jokowi’s palm plantation moratorium
- Trump outburst over Kavanaugh's female accuser sparks hashtag trend
- Jokowi imposes moratorium on palm oil plantations