KPU Jakarta holds simultaneous vote recapitulation on Thursday
Callistasia Anggun Wijaya
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta General Elections Commission (KPU Jakarta) is holding a simultaneous recapitulation of votes from the Feb. 15 gubernatorial election at its offices in five municipalities and Thousand Islands regency on Thursday.
KPU East Jakarta is holding its vote recapitulation at Maxone Pemuda hotel in Rawamangun, East Jakarta, while KPU South Jakarta’s vote recapitulation is being held at Ambhara hotel, Kebayoran Baru, South Jakarta.
Officers from KPU North Jakarta are holding the vote recapitulation at Discovery hotel, Pademangan, North Jakarta. Meanwhile, KPU Central Jakarta and West Jakarta will hold theirs at Luminor hotel, Pecenongan, Central Jakarta and Twin hotel, West Jakarta, respectively.
In Thousand Islands, vote recapitulation is being held at Wisma Kedaton, Pramuka Island.
The real count result showed incumbent Jakarta gubernatorial candidate pair Basuki “Ahok” Tjahaja Purnama-Djarot Saiful Hidayat won 42.96 percent of the 5,563,200 votes.
Anies Baswedan and Sandiaga Uno won 39.97 percent of the vote, while Agus Harimurti Yudhoyono and Sylviana Murni were at the bottom with 17.06 percent of the vote.
KPU Jakarta head Sumarno said the vote recapitulation would be completed no later than Feb. 27.
“We hope to make an official announcement no later than March 4,” Sumarno said. (ebf)
You might also like :
- Jakarta shocked by deadly bombings days before Ramadhan
- #PrayForJakarta, #KamiTidakTakut trend worldwide following bomb blast
- Film inspired by 212 rally to hit cinemas
- Kampung Melayu suicide bomber identified
- UK issues travel warning after Kampung Melayu bombings
- Police find links between Jakarta twin bombings and Bandung bombing
- East Jakarta suicide blasts likely linked to IS: Police
- Pressure cooker bombs used in Kampung Melayu attack: Police
- Jakarta bombing attack a retaliation against police: Analyst
- Jakarta suicide bombing kills three police officers