Women continue local, global struggle for change
Last year there were over 300,000 cases of domestic violence nationwide, with almost 70 percent of them occurring within personal relationships, the National Commission on Violence Against Women (Komnas Perempuan) has reported.
These statistics show that little has changed in over a decade, despite the women’s movement helping to push the passing of the 2004 law on domestic violence.
- 53 injured as Saudi jet makes emergency landing
- Anwar reassures Malays who fear losing racial advantage
- Police find 'missing' teen's body at South Jakarta apartment
- Commentary: Soeharto's most likely successor? How about Prabowo?
- Castle restoration plan with no elevators causing controversy
- Police probe Jakarta officials on fatal Monas incident
- Joey Alexander among '50 Asians to watch'
- Danish minister says Ramadan fasting can be 'dangerous'
- Australian archbishop guilty of concealing child sex abuse
- How new antiterrorism law will change Indonesia's war on terror