Women continue local, global struggle for change
Last year there were over 300,000 cases of domestic violence nationwide, with almost 70 percent of them occurring within personal relationships, the National Commission on Violence Against Women (Komnas Perempuan) has reported.
These statistics show that little has changed in over a decade, despite the women’s movement helping to push the passing of the 2004 law on domestic violence.
- UK's official Brexit campaign fined, referred to police
- Government oversells PT Freeport Indonesia agreement
- Local residents slaughter 292 crocodiles in Sorong farm
- Indonesia among world’s less stressed countries
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- A guide to understanding the Freeport divestment deal
- Three candidates for Pertamina CEO submitted to President
- Indonesia, India sign business-to-business agreement on palm oil
- Blitar bans school from giving students homework
- 'Shameful': US lawmakers blast Trump over Putin summit