Parks beautification planned in East Jakarta
The Jakarta Post
East Jakarta residents will have several additional choices for outdoor activities, as the administration plans to beautify several parks across the municipality this year.
The East Jakarta Forestry Agency head Romy Sidharta said the office would renovate six parks, namely Bambu park in Setu sub-district, Yonif park in Pekayon, Juwet park in Rawamangun, Mas Koki park in Jati, Tiga park in Pondok Kopi and Hibrida park in Taman Sawit.
“We have allocated Rp 100 million [US$7,500] from our budget for each park’s renovation. We plan to start the makeover in May,” he said on Tuesday as quoted by tribunnews.com.
He added that the level of damage on each park varied, although mostly of its facilities.
“Most of the parks have damaged walls and playing grounds. We also need to replant trees,” he said.
In appointing constructors for the project, he said, the agency would communicate with Jakarta’s Forestry Agency to discuss the project’s auction scheme.
“Hopefully we will be able to begin the auction phase in April so the project can start in May. We estimate that the renovations will take around a month to finish,” he said. (fac/kkk)
You might also like :
- Thousands sign petition against sentence for Malaysian who abused maid
- Bottled water meets quality standards: BPOM
- Saudi Arabia beheads Indonesian worker despite Jokowi’s pleas for clemency
- Anies issues regulation simplifying process of shutting down entertainment spots
- No condoms or cigarettes sold at Muslim convenience store in Depok
- Why the rich in Jakarta have better access to water than the poor
- Indonesian short film on oil palm industry enters international festivals
- Earthquake strikes Banten, tremors felt in Jakarta
- Singapore Airlines warns customers against air tickets scam
- Residents clash with police personnel in land execution in C. Sulawesi