Parks beautification planned in East Jakarta
The Jakarta Post
East Jakarta residents will have several additional choices for outdoor activities, as the administration plans to beautify several parks across the municipality this year.
The East Jakarta Forestry Agency head Romy Sidharta said the office would renovate six parks, namely Bambu park in Setu sub-district, Yonif park in Pekayon, Juwet park in Rawamangun, Mas Koki park in Jati, Tiga park in Pondok Kopi and Hibrida park in Taman Sawit.
“We have allocated Rp 100 million [US$7,500] from our budget for each park’s renovation. We plan to start the makeover in May,” he said on Tuesday as quoted by tribunnews.com.
He added that the level of damage on each park varied, although mostly of its facilities.
“Most of the parks have damaged walls and playing grounds. We also need to replant trees,” he said.
In appointing constructors for the project, he said, the agency would communicate with Jakarta’s Forestry Agency to discuss the project’s auction scheme.
“Hopefully we will be able to begin the auction phase in April so the project can start in May. We estimate that the renovations will take around a month to finish,” he said. (fac/kkk)
You might also like :
- Tito suspects JAD terror group behind N. Sumatra police post attacks
- Political, polygamy messages take center stage in some Idul Fitri speeches
- World Bank lauds Indonesia’s fiscal framework
- Sri Mulyani marks Idul Fitri with slip of tongue
- GNPF-MUI seeks to ease tension with President during Idul Fitri meet
- In Malang, church allows Muslims to use lawn for Idul Fitri prayers
- Jakarta Cathedral cancels three morning masses for Idul Fitri prayer
- MPR speaker entertains guests with political jokes, conversation
- Indonesia condemns Mecca suicide bomb attempt
- Locals thrilled to share Idul Fitri with Jokowi's mother