Parks beautification planned in East Jakarta
The Jakarta Post
East Jakarta residents will have several additional choices for outdoor activities, as the administration plans to beautify several parks across the municipality this year.
The East Jakarta Forestry Agency head Romy Sidharta said the office would renovate six parks, namely Bambu park in Setu sub-district, Yonif park in Pekayon, Juwet park in Rawamangun, Mas Koki park in Jati, Tiga park in Pondok Kopi and Hibrida park in Taman Sawit.
“We have allocated Rp 100 million [US$7,500] from our budget for each park’s renovation. We plan to start the makeover in May,” he said on Tuesday as quoted by tribunnews.com.
He added that the level of damage on each park varied, although mostly of its facilities.
“Most of the parks have damaged walls and playing grounds. We also need to replant trees,” he said.
In appointing constructors for the project, he said, the agency would communicate with Jakarta’s Forestry Agency to discuss the project’s auction scheme.
“Hopefully we will be able to begin the auction phase in April so the project can start in May. We estimate that the renovations will take around a month to finish,” he said. (fac/kkk)
You might also like :
- Streep ‘terrified’ to work with Hanks, Spielberg for the first time
- Year-end events to attend in Bali
- Minister, Anies join thousands in rally to support Palestine
- Does playing action video games change your brain?
- Heavy air pollution shuts schools in Iran
- Suspicious deaths of billionaire Canada couple investigated
- BPS to start collecting e-commerce data in January
- US wants no mention of `Climate Change' in new Nafta
- All work and no play leads to burnout, says new study
- Assange told not to interfere in Catalonia: Ecuador president