KPU Jakarta, administration team up to settle voter list issues
The Jakarta Post
Jakarta General Elections Commission (KPU Jakarta) and the city administration will cooperate to fix the voter list for the runoff election on April 19 in a bid to ensure that all Jakartans can exercise their voting rights.
Acting Jakarta governor Sumarsono said that they had agreed to include the data of evictees, apartment occupants and residents who were outside the city on the updated voter list.
There were 5,530 people who were not registered on the voter list, Sumarsono said.
"We will pursue the voters' data at apartment buildings who earlier faced problems with voting," Sumarsono said as quoted by tempo.co.
The administration would also facilitate residents who had not had electronic identification cards registered in the city's database. Those residents would be able to vote by using recommendation letters from the Civil Registry and Demography Agency, he said.
The administration, the commission and elections supervisory agency (Bawaslu) would hold technical guidance courses for the polling station officers to straighten out any confusion about voting, he said.
Sumarsono added that the commission would pay attention to the places where the polling stations would be erected, so they would not be situated in prohibited areas, like at the Indonesian Military (TNI) complex.
Meanwhile, hospitalized voters should submit a letter from a doctor, which states that they are eligible to vote and that they are not suffering from mental sickness, Sumarsono said. (Cal)
You might also like :
- President Trump, thank you for not attending ASEAN summit
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Teenagers boil sanitary pads to get high
- Indonesia to free Bali Nine drug smuggler Lawrence: Official
- Government to issue new regulation on coal permits
- Garuda to reopen Jakarta-London route
- JT610 victim's bride takes wedding photo shoot without groom
- Bali authority denies report on JE viral infection outbreak
- Associate of close Trump adviser expects to be indicted by Mueller
- University student ‘pseudo poll’: LGBT behavior caused by keeping wrong company...