Government expects 9% air passenger growth at Idul Fitri
The Jakarta Post
The Transportation Ministry's director general for air transportation, Agus Santoso, said on Friday that the number of air passengers is expected to increase 7 to 9 percent during the Idul Fitri holiday in late June this year from the figure in same period last year.
Airlines may organize extra flights to meet the increasing demand during Lebaran, Agus said.
“With the increasing frequency of flights during Lebaran, we expect an increase of between 7 and 9 percent,” he said on Friday.
(Read also: KAI to increase seat capacity for Idul Fitri exodus)
Agus did not elaborate on the number of extra flights that would be needed during the holiday, but stressed that airlines should operate aircraft that met national and international standards.
Previously, state railway operator PT Kereta Api Indonesia (KAI) also announced it would allocate more seats 10 days before and 10 days after Idul Fitri, namely from June 15 to July 6. It is an increase of 2.1 percent from the same period last year. (bbn)
- Why a few drops of water make whisky taste better
- Tatjana's photo with Korean heartthrob Gong Yoo makes netizens jealous
- Police question Rizieq in Saudi Arabia: Tito
- Girls’ Generation’s Taeyeon shared message over airport incident
- Trump will resign, his ghostwriter predicts
- ExxonMobil wants US$121 million for its JTB field ownership
- Sri Mulyani claims tax revenue target realistic
- Singapore gets a taste of commuting chaos as trains fail
- South Sulawesi mayor-elect faces police questioning in Jakarta
- Aramco, Rosneft agree to conduct joint marketing with Pertamina