Government expects 9% air passenger growth at Idul Fitri
The Jakarta Post
The Transportation Ministry's director general for air transportation, Agus Santoso, said on Friday that the number of air passengers is expected to increase 7 to 9 percent during the Idul Fitri holiday in late June this year from the figure in same period last year.
Airlines may organize extra flights to meet the increasing demand during Lebaran, Agus said.
“With the increasing frequency of flights during Lebaran, we expect an increase of between 7 and 9 percent,” he said on Friday.
(Read also: KAI to increase seat capacity for Idul Fitri exodus)
Agus did not elaborate on the number of extra flights that would be needed during the holiday, but stressed that airlines should operate aircraft that met national and international standards.
Previously, state railway operator PT Kereta Api Indonesia (KAI) also announced it would allocate more seats 10 days before and 10 days after Idul Fitri, namely from June 15 to July 6. It is an increase of 2.1 percent from the same period last year. (bbn)
- Father-son duo arrested over alleged drug dealing
- Wu's fans skip Chinese New Year for NBA All Star celebrity game
- China vows to protect interests as US eyes trade sanctions
- Italy's country doctor making house calls on horseback
- Adelina’s family demands compensation
- Indonesia mulls ban on maids to Malaysia
- East Java targets to vaccinate 10m following diphtheria outbreak
- Vatican revives pope's sexual abuse panel
- Pakistan child killer handed four death sentences
- Four new parties to take part in 2019 elections