Government expects 9% air passenger growth at Idul Fitri
The Jakarta Post
The Transportation Ministry's director general for air transportation, Agus Santoso, said on Friday that the number of air passengers is expected to increase 7 to 9 percent during the Idul Fitri holiday in late June this year from the figure in same period last year.
Airlines may organize extra flights to meet the increasing demand during Lebaran, Agus said.
“With the increasing frequency of flights during Lebaran, we expect an increase of between 7 and 9 percent,” he said on Friday.
(Read also: KAI to increase seat capacity for Idul Fitri exodus)
Agus did not elaborate on the number of extra flights that would be needed during the holiday, but stressed that airlines should operate aircraft that met national and international standards.
Previously, state railway operator PT Kereta Api Indonesia (KAI) also announced it would allocate more seats 10 days before and 10 days after Idul Fitri, namely from June 15 to July 6. It is an increase of 2.1 percent from the same period last year. (bbn)
- BTS presents tearful, beautiful finale of ‘Wings’ tour in Seoul
- Foreign prisoner escapes from Kerobokan prison
- Online shops not causing closure of retail outlets: BPS
- Heavy rainfall in Jakarta topples trees, disrupts traffic
- Floods, toppled trees disrupt Transjakarta services
- Heavy rainfall unanticipated, says BPBD
- ‘Wonder’, a wonderfully heartwarming film for all
- Chengdu tops list as China's happiest city
- Jakarta administration criticized for not uploading meeting videos
- Qatar interested in investing in Mandalika tourism zone: Luhut