Lapangan Banteng makeover starts early
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta administration stated the renovation of Lapangan Banteng park with a groundbreaking ceremony on Friday.
The ceremony, led by acting Jakarta governor Sumarsono, marked the start of the city's makeover plan for the park, which includes fence installation, monument makeover, improvement of sports fields and green areas.
"Revitalization is needed given that Lapangan Banteng is a historical site not only for Jakarta but also Indonesia," Sumarsono said.
The work is being funded by corporate social responsibility programs and fines collected from companies that breached building floor area ratios (KLB).
Friday's start is sooner than the previous schedule for next week.
Sumarsono previously said the fence installation would cost Rp 6.5 billion (US$487,000), while the field makeovers would cost Rp 6.3 billion.
- OK Otrip opposed by minivan operators
- Sandiaga admits allowing ‘becak’ a political contract
- Men treated as dogs and pigs in Paris catwalk shows
- Woody Allen backlash grows as daughter says telling 'truth'
- New Air Force chief to prioritize procurement of jet fighters
- Lazada to implement e-payment gateway system this year
- Jokowi inaugurates new Cabinet ministers
- Celine Dion's Jakarta concert ticket price reaches Rp 25m
- PGN to acquire Pertagas in cash scheme
- AirAsia to move international flight operations to Soekarno-Hatta Terminal 3