Lapangan Banteng makeover starts early
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta administration stated the renovation of Lapangan Banteng park with a groundbreaking ceremony on Friday.
The ceremony, led by acting Jakarta governor Sumarsono, marked the start of the city's makeover plan for the park, which includes fence installation, monument makeover, improvement of sports fields and green areas.
"Revitalization is needed given that Lapangan Banteng is a historical site not only for Jakarta but also Indonesia," Sumarsono said.
The work is being funded by corporate social responsibility programs and fines collected from companies that breached building floor area ratios (KLB).
Friday's start is sooner than the previous schedule for next week.
Sumarsono previously said the fence installation would cost Rp 6.5 billion (US$487,000), while the field makeovers would cost Rp 6.3 billion.
- Why a few drops of water make whisky taste better
- Tatjana's photo with Korean heartthrob Gong Yoo makes netizens jealous
- Police question Rizieq in Saudi Arabia: Tito
- Girls’ Generation’s Taeyeon shared message over airport incident
- Trump will resign, his ghostwriter predicts
- Singapore gets a taste of commuting chaos as trains fail
- EDITORIAL: Boring, yet realistic budget
- Government to spend Rp 404t on infrastructure projects in 2018
- Status: Online, but not present
- Sri Mulyani claims tax revenue target realistic