Lapangan Banteng makeover starts early
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta administration stated the renovation of Lapangan Banteng park with a groundbreaking ceremony on Friday.
The ceremony, led by acting Jakarta governor Sumarsono, marked the start of the city's makeover plan for the park, which includes fence installation, monument makeover, improvement of sports fields and green areas.
"Revitalization is needed given that Lapangan Banteng is a historical site not only for Jakarta but also Indonesia," Sumarsono said.
The work is being funded by corporate social responsibility programs and fines collected from companies that breached building floor area ratios (KLB).
Friday's start is sooner than the previous schedule for next week.
Sumarsono previously said the fence installation would cost Rp 6.5 billion (US$487,000), while the field makeovers would cost Rp 6.3 billion.
- Obama arrives in Bali
- Media mogul declared intimidation suspect
- Indonesia's Jangkrik field’s first LNG cargo delivered
- Australia sends spy planes to south Philippines
- Former US president Obama to arrive on Bali this afternoon
- Australian citizen denied entry to Bali due to criminal record
- Property developer sees potential to build office buildings for startups in Bali
- Indonesia's upstream projects proposed for strategic project list
- No extravagant ceremony to welcome Obama: Official
- Online drivers choose to stay in Jakarta to earn more cash