Underage suspects of pedophilia network to face trial
The Jakarta Post
The police have finished investigating two of four suspects of a recently dismantled child pornography network.
Jakarta Police special crimes unit deputy chief Comr. Akhmad Yusep said the files on suspects, identified only as DF, 17, and SHDW, 16, had been handed over to the Jakarta Prosecutor's Office.
DF and SHDW were two of four administrators of a closed Facebook group named Official Candy Group that had a network of more than 7,000 people. The group was blocked following the discovery of footage of child pornography.
"The investigations into DF and SHDW were faster than for the other two because according to regulations, the police are only allowed to spend 15 days investigating underage suspects," Akhmad said as quoted by tempo.co on Thursday.
DF has also been accused of sexually abusing six children, two of them his nieces.
SHDW, a teenage girl, was recruited by the Facebook account creator to help manage the group.
"For the time being, we are keeping the underage suspects in special confinement and given them psychological tests," Akhmad said.
The other two suspects, Wawan, 25, and Dede Sobur, 27, are still undergoing investigation.
The suspects have been charged under the 2008 Electronic Information and Transaction Law and the 2008 Pornography Law. (dea)
- Jakarta shocked by deadly bombings days before Ramadhan
- #PrayForJakarta, #KamiTidakTakut trend worldwide following bomb blast
- Film inspired by 212 rally to hit cinemas
- Kampung Melayu suicide bomber identified
- UK issues travel warning after Kampung Melayu bombings
- Police find links between Jakarta twin bombings and Bandung bombing
- East Jakarta suicide blasts likely linked to IS: Police
- Pressure cooker bombs used in Kampung Melayu attack: Police
- Jakarta bombing attack a retaliation against police: Analyst
- Jakarta suicide bombing kills three police officers