Underage suspects of pedophilia network to face trial
The Jakarta Post
The police have finished investigating two of four suspects of a recently dismantled child pornography network.
Jakarta Police special crimes unit deputy chief Comr. Akhmad Yusep said the files on suspects, identified only as DF, 17, and SHDW, 16, had been handed over to the Jakarta Prosecutor's Office.
DF and SHDW were two of four administrators of a closed Facebook group named Official Candy Group that had a network of more than 7,000 people. The group was blocked following the discovery of footage of child pornography.
"The investigations into DF and SHDW were faster than for the other two because according to regulations, the police are only allowed to spend 15 days investigating underage suspects," Akhmad said as quoted by tempo.co on Thursday.
DF has also been accused of sexually abusing six children, two of them his nieces.
SHDW, a teenage girl, was recruited by the Facebook account creator to help manage the group.
"For the time being, we are keeping the underage suspects in special confinement and given them psychological tests," Akhmad said.
The other two suspects, Wawan, 25, and Dede Sobur, 27, are still undergoing investigation.
The suspects have been charged under the 2008 Electronic Information and Transaction Law and the 2008 Pornography Law. (dea)
- Obama arrives in Bali
- Media mogul declared intimidation suspect
- Indonesia's Jangkrik field’s first LNG cargo delivered
- Australia sends spy planes to south Philippines
- Former US president Obama to arrive on Bali this afternoon
- Australian citizen denied entry to Bali due to criminal record
- Property developer sees potential to build office buildings for startups in Bali
- Indonesia's upstream projects proposed for strategic project list
- No extravagant ceremony to welcome Obama: Official
- Online drivers choose to stay in Jakarta to earn more cash