Underage suspects of pedophilia network to face trial
The Jakarta Post
The police have finished investigating two of four suspects of a recently dismantled child pornography network.
Jakarta Police special crimes unit deputy chief Comr. Akhmad Yusep said the files on suspects, identified only as DF, 17, and SHDW, 16, had been handed over to the Jakarta Prosecutor's Office.
DF and SHDW were two of four administrators of a closed Facebook group named Official Candy Group that had a network of more than 7,000 people. The group was blocked following the discovery of footage of child pornography.
"The investigations into DF and SHDW were faster than for the other two because according to regulations, the police are only allowed to spend 15 days investigating underage suspects," Akhmad said as quoted by tempo.co on Thursday.
DF has also been accused of sexually abusing six children, two of them his nieces.
SHDW, a teenage girl, was recruited by the Facebook account creator to help manage the group.
"For the time being, we are keeping the underage suspects in special confinement and given them psychological tests," Akhmad said.
The other two suspects, Wawan, 25, and Dede Sobur, 27, are still undergoing investigation.
The suspects have been charged under the 2008 Electronic Information and Transaction Law and the 2008 Pornography Law. (dea)
- Why a few drops of water make whisky taste better
- Tatjana's photo with Korean heartthrob Gong Yoo makes netizens jealous
- Police question Rizieq in Saudi Arabia: Tito
- Girls’ Generation’s Taeyeon shared message over airport incident
- Trump will resign, his ghostwriter predicts
- Singapore gets a taste of commuting chaos as trains fail
- EDITORIAL: Boring, yet realistic budget
- Government to spend Rp 404t on infrastructure projects in 2018
- Status: Online, but not present
- Sri Mulyani claims tax revenue target realistic