French police release father of Orly Airport attacker
French police have released the father of the Orly Airport attacker who was shot and killed while taking a soldier hostage.
The Paris prosecutor's office, which took charge of the probe after the Saturday morning attack, says the brother and a cousin of the suspect, Ziyed Ben Belgacem, remain in custody. The father was released overnight.
The office says an autopsy Sunday of the attacker's body will include drawing blood for drug and alcohol tests.
Prosecutors say Belgacem attacked a soldier at Paris' Orly Airport and wrested away her assault rifle. Her two colleagues shot and killed him before he could fire the military-grade weapon at the busy airport.
The attack forced Orly to shut down, sent passengers fleeing in panic and trapped hundreds aboard flights that had just landed.
You might also like :
- Jakarta shocked by deadly bombings days before Ramadhan
- #PrayForJakarta, #KamiTidakTakut trend worldwide following bomb blast
- Film inspired by 212 rally to hit cinemas
- Kampung Melayu suicide bomber identified
- Police find links between Jakarta twin bombings and Bandung bombing
- UK issues travel warning after Kampung Melayu bombings
- East Jakarta suicide blasts likely linked to IS: Police
- Pressure cooker bombs used in Kampung Melayu attack: Police
- Jakarta suicide bombing kills three police officers
- Jakarta bombing attack a retaliation against police: Analyst