Transjakarta to open new Pasar Minggu-Tanah Abang route on Monday
The Jakarta Post
City-owned bus operator PT Transjakarta plans to operate a new route from Pasar Minggu in South Jakarta to Tanah Abang in Central Jakarta starting on Monday, PT Transjakarta president director Budi Kaliwono said.
Budi explained that the 30-kilometer route would connect Transjakarta's Corridor I (Blok M to Kota), Corridor VI (Dukuh Atas to Ragunan) and Corridor IX (Pluit to Pinang Ranti).
Transjakarta would deploy as many as 20 non-articulated buses to serve passengers on the new route.
“It is expected that the new route can serve about 5,000 passengers every day,” Budi said on Friday as quoted by wartakotalive.com. (vny/dmr)
- List of moderate Islamic preachers needed: Scholar
- US warns Syria of 'firm' action over southern offensive
- Colombia to become first Latin American NATO 'global partner'
- Pair of Japanese premium melons sell for record $29,300
- Malaysian playboy financier in cross
- Two Koreas’ leaders hold second summit: Cheong Wa Dae
- New Terrorism Law no silver bullet, says rights researcher
- Out of South Africa, reminiscing the indelible Eden
- Dugong sellers thwarted in West Sulawesi
- Prisoners evacuated from flooded Pekalongan Penitentiary