20 more public parks for West Jakarta
The Jakarta Post
West Jakarta residents will have more options for outdoor activities as the municipal administration has reiterated its plan to build 20 child-friendly integrated public spaces (RPTRAs).
West Jakarta Public Housing and Settlement Agency head Kelik Indriyanto said that the plan was almost finalized, as it only required a decree from the West Jakarta mayor.
"We have determined the locations. We only need a mayoral decree [to start the project]," Kelik said on Monday, adding that the administration had allocated Rp 31.4 billion (US$2.36 million) from the city budget for the project.
"We hope that we can start construction in mid-April," he said.
West Cengkareng, North Meruya and Wijaya Kusuma subdistricts are among locations picked for the parks, Kelik added. (fac)
- Streep ‘terrified’ to work with Hanks, Spielberg for the first time
- Minister, Anies join thousands in rally to support Palestine
- Suspicious deaths of billionaire Canada couple investigated
- Heavy air pollution shuts schools in Iran
- Trump team claims Mueller 'unlawfully' collected emails
- In Jordan, Iraqi Christians dream of fresh start abroad
- Frenchman breaks new record for sailing solo around the world
- BPS to start collecting e-commerce data in January
- Year-end events to attend in Bali
- Assange told not to interfere in Catalonia: Ecuador president