20 more public parks for West Jakarta
The Jakarta Post
West Jakarta residents will have more options for outdoor activities as the municipal administration has reiterated its plan to build 20 child-friendly integrated public spaces (RPTRAs).
West Jakarta Public Housing and Settlement Agency head Kelik Indriyanto said that the plan was almost finalized, as it only required a decree from the West Jakarta mayor.
"We have determined the locations. We only need a mayoral decree [to start the project]," Kelik said on Monday, adding that the administration had allocated Rp 31.4 billion (US$2.36 million) from the city budget for the project.
"We hope that we can start construction in mid-April," he said.
West Cengkareng, North Meruya and Wijaya Kusuma subdistricts are among locations picked for the parks, Kelik added. (fac)
- Pharmaceutical industry grows by 7.5 percent to $5b
- Indonesia urged to settle dispute amid Freeport workers' outcry
- Ahok focuses on online campaign in second round
- KPK names Andi Narogong a suspect in e-ID graft case
- Government to subsidize fish exports to Australia
- Baby 'carrying baby' to undergo surgery at NTB hospital
- State mining companies ready to take over Freeport
- Era of selling natural resources has ended: Jokowi
- Eradicating terrorism must be comprehensive: BNPT
- Jakarta gubernatorial candidates fight smear campaigns on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter