First woman elected to lead indigenous communities
The Jakarta Post
For the first time in history, the archipelago’s indigenous people have a woman leading them for the next five years, giving more power to indigenous women who often face violence and discrimination in their fight for fair treatment.
Rukka Sombolinggi of Toraja, South Sulawesi, was elected secretary-general, the highest post, of the Indigenous People’s Alliance of the Archipelago (AMAN)...
- Putin on track for commanding win as Russians head to polls
- Fatal accident on West Java toll road claims six lives
- UGM students sent to Asmat
- Trump attacks fairness of Mueller probe
- Fake Prince Albert 'cons Monte Carlo high-flyers'
- Tonnes of garbage cleaned up from Galapagos coast
- Continuous profit from quail-waste based biogas
- Opposition, NGO cry fraud in Russian polls
- Indian airports stretched as passengers reach new heights
- French language eyes 'le comeback' as Britain leaves Europe