First woman elected to lead indigenous communities
The Jakarta Post
For the first time in history, the archipelago’s indigenous people have a woman leading them for the next five years, giving more power to indigenous women who often face violence and discrimination in their fight for fair treatment.
Rukka Sombolinggi of Toraja, South Sulawesi, was elected secretary-general, the highest post, of the Indigenous People’s Alliance of the Archipelago (AMAN)...
- No flight attendants in bikinis for Vietjet’s upcoming route
- Indonesian firm to construct coal port in Vietnam
- Nike bazaar ends in chaos on Tuesday
- Russia offers nuke power to Indonesia
- Indonesia needs to realize its sharia economy potential
- All Germany's gold returned from French vaults
- Myanmarese fugitive arrested for trafficking
- Almonds help rid body of bad cholesterol
- Indonesian research productivity lacking: LIPI
- EDITORIAL: Dualistic authorities in Batam