First woman elected to lead indigenous communities
The Jakarta Post
For the first time in history, the archipelago’s indigenous people have a woman leading them for the next five years, giving more power to indigenous women who often face violence and discrimination in their fight for fair treatment.
Rukka Sombolinggi of Toraja, South Sulawesi, was elected secretary-general, the highest post, of the Indigenous People’s Alliance of the Archipelago (AMAN)...
- New Terrorism Law no silver bullet, says rights researcher
- Muslim inmates fed pork during Ramadhan: Activists
- France arrests two spies for passing secrets to China
- BREAKING: Indonesia passes stronger antiterrorism law
- Costly holiday
- Colombia to become first Latin American NATO 'global partner'
- Indonesia shakes off nerves for Thomas Cup semifinal against China
- Government is representation of God on earth: State Palace official
- Malaysia's defeated UMNO party asks for its money back
- US wasted billions in failed Afghan stabilization efforts: official