Heavily damaged Central Jakarta schools to be renovated
The Jakarta Post
The Central Jakarta Education Agency plans to renovate numerous heavily damaged schools across the municipality this year.
“Parts of the schools’ roofs will be repaired, because the framework is still made of woods and we will replace is with steel,” agency head Sujadiono said, as quoted by beritajakarta.com in Jakarta on Monday.
Apart from problems with the roofs, the schools also reportedly have broken ceilings, windows and electricity installations.
The Central Jakarta Education Agency has allocated Rp 13 billion (US$977,000) to renovate the schools.
Sujadiono said the agency was now conducting the bidding process for the construction project and was aiming for the renovation to be completed by June.
The schools slated to undergo renovation range from elementary to senior high schools. They comprise elementary schools SD 01, SD 05 and SD 08 in Karang Anyar; SD 03 in Menteng; SD 07 in Kampung Bali and four elementary schools in Duri Pulo, namely SD 01, SD 02, SD 04 and SD 05.
Only one junior high school, namely SMP 05 in Pasar Baru, will be renovated under the program. As for senior high schools, four schools, namely SMA 01, SMA 04, SMA 25 and SMA 53, and vocational school SMK 01, all of which are located in Pasar Baru, will be renovated. (wnd/ebf)
- Why a few drops of water make whisky taste better
- Tatjana's photo with Korean heartthrob Gong Yoo makes netizens jealous
- Police question Rizieq in Saudi Arabia: Tito
- Girls’ Generation’s Taeyeon shared message over airport incident
- Trump will resign, his ghostwriter predicts
- Singapore gets a taste of commuting chaos as trains fail
- Sri Mulyani claims tax revenue target realistic
- South Sulawesi mayor-elect faces police questioning in Jakarta
- EDITORIAL: Boring, yet realistic budget
- ExxonMobil wants US$121 million for its JTB field ownership