Heavily damaged Central Jakarta schools to be renovated
The Jakarta Post
The Central Jakarta Education Agency plans to renovate numerous heavily damaged schools across the municipality this year.
“Parts of the schools’ roofs will be repaired, because the framework is still made of woods and we will replace is with steel,” agency head Sujadiono said, as quoted by beritajakarta.com in Jakarta on Monday.
Apart from problems with the roofs, the schools also reportedly have broken ceilings, windows and electricity installations.
The Central Jakarta Education Agency has allocated Rp 13 billion (US$977,000) to renovate the schools.
Sujadiono said the agency was now conducting the bidding process for the construction project and was aiming for the renovation to be completed by June.
The schools slated to undergo renovation range from elementary to senior high schools. They comprise elementary schools SD 01, SD 05 and SD 08 in Karang Anyar; SD 03 in Menteng; SD 07 in Kampung Bali and four elementary schools in Duri Pulo, namely SD 01, SD 02, SD 04 and SD 05.
Only one junior high school, namely SMP 05 in Pasar Baru, will be renovated under the program. As for senior high schools, four schools, namely SMA 01, SMA 04, SMA 25 and SMA 53, and vocational school SMK 01, all of which are located in Pasar Baru, will be renovated. (wnd/ebf)
- Obama, entourage arrive in Yogyakarta
- Soekarno-Hatta expects 5m airline passengers over Idul Fitri
- Sandiaga Uno to establish sharia tourism zone in Jakarta
- Government to flood market with frozen buffalo meat
- Myanmar journalists charged, held in jail for covering armed group
- 152 sent home after undergoing deradicalization program
- Dead woman found near elephant cage at Ragunan Zoo
- Ragunan Zoo to monitor animals for stress
- XL Axiata records 218% increase in data services
- Monas packed by Idul Fitri holidaymakers