Heavily damaged Central Jakarta schools to be renovated
The Jakarta Post
The Central Jakarta Education Agency plans to renovate numerous heavily damaged schools across the municipality this year.
“Parts of the schools’ roofs will be repaired, because the framework is still made of woods and we will replace is with steel,” agency head Sujadiono said, as quoted by beritajakarta.com in Jakarta on Monday.
Apart from problems with the roofs, the schools also reportedly have broken ceilings, windows and electricity installations.
The Central Jakarta Education Agency has allocated Rp 13 billion (US$977,000) to renovate the schools.
Sujadiono said the agency was now conducting the bidding process for the construction project and was aiming for the renovation to be completed by June.
The schools slated to undergo renovation range from elementary to senior high schools. They comprise elementary schools SD 01, SD 05 and SD 08 in Karang Anyar; SD 03 in Menteng; SD 07 in Kampung Bali and four elementary schools in Duri Pulo, namely SD 01, SD 02, SD 04 and SD 05.
Only one junior high school, namely SMP 05 in Pasar Baru, will be renovated under the program. As for senior high schools, four schools, namely SMA 01, SMA 04, SMA 25 and SMA 53, and vocational school SMK 01, all of which are located in Pasar Baru, will be renovated. (wnd/ebf)
- 53 injured as Saudi jet makes emergency landing
- Anwar reassures Malays who fear losing racial advantage
- Police find 'missing' teen's body at South Jakarta apartment
- Commentary: Soeharto's most likely successor? How about Prabowo?
- Castle restoration plan with no elevators causing controversy
- Police probe Jakarta officials on fatal Monas incident
- Joey Alexander among '50 Asians to watch'
- Danish minister says Ramadan fasting can be 'dangerous'
- Australian archbishop guilty of concealing child sex abuse
- How new antiterrorism law will change Indonesia's war on terror