Heavily damaged Central Jakarta schools to be renovated
The Jakarta Post
The Central Jakarta Education Agency plans to renovate numerous heavily damaged schools across the municipality this year.
“Parts of the schools’ roofs will be repaired, because the framework is still made of woods and we will replace is with steel,” agency head Sujadiono said, as quoted by beritajakarta.com in Jakarta on Monday.
Apart from problems with the roofs, the schools also reportedly have broken ceilings, windows and electricity installations.
The Central Jakarta Education Agency has allocated Rp 13 billion (US$977,000) to renovate the schools.
Sujadiono said the agency was now conducting the bidding process for the construction project and was aiming for the renovation to be completed by June.
The schools slated to undergo renovation range from elementary to senior high schools. They comprise elementary schools SD 01, SD 05 and SD 08 in Karang Anyar; SD 03 in Menteng; SD 07 in Kampung Bali and four elementary schools in Duri Pulo, namely SD 01, SD 02, SD 04 and SD 05.
Only one junior high school, namely SMP 05 in Pasar Baru, will be renovated under the program. As for senior high schools, four schools, namely SMA 01, SMA 04, SMA 25 and SMA 53, and vocational school SMK 01, all of which are located in Pasar Baru, will be renovated. (wnd/ebf)
- Ahok mania spreads far beyond Jakarta
- And now, Indosat website hacked
- Jokowi, Suu Kyi discuss Rohingya crisis
- Rohingya crisis could affect ASEAN stability: Jokowi
- Jokowi campaigns for peace, stability on Korean Peninsula
- Myanmar complies with int’l recommendations on Rohingya crisis: Suu Kyi
- Campaign highlights importance of fish consumption
- Wonderful Indonesia to participate in Malaysia International Dive Expo 2017
- Thousands of workers to join May Day rally in Jakarta
- West Sulawesi struggles to improve education, health