Island focus: Deer sanctuary to be built in NTB
The Jakarta Post
West Nusa Tenggara (NTB) plans to build a deer sanctuary this year to reverse a decline in the deer population.
NTB Natural Resources Conservation Agency (BKSDA) head Widada said on Monday that the planned 1.5-hectare sanctuary for the animals, which are the mascot of NTB, would be located in Gunung Tunak Nature Park in Central Lombok.
“We will place 20 to 30 deer within the sanctu...
- AccorHotels to operate 200 hotels in Indonesia by 2020
- Hate speech clouds Indonesia's internet in 2016: Police
- Churchgoers perform service amid rally in Cikarang
- Jakarta Police chief visits Santa Clara Church construction site
- The trouble with pedophiles in Indonesia
- More Cipinang inmates transferred to Nusakambangan
- Govt goes extra mile to accelerate land distribution
- Indonesia's Daud Yordan beats Thai boxer in 2nd round of non-title bout
- Indonesia ranks 7th in travel freedom among Southeast Asian countries
- Soccer fan brawl in Tangerang, one death