National scene: Businessman reported for defamation
The Jakarta Post
Melchias Mekeng, a Golkar Party politician who was also the chairman of House of Representatives Commission XI overseeing finance from 2009 until 2014, reported businessman Andi Narogong to the National Police’s Criminal Investigation Department (Bareskrim) on Monday after Andi accused him of accepting money in relation to the e-ID graft case.
“I’m here to find justice,” Melchias sa...
- Indonesian magician The Sacred Riana is crowned winner of Asia's Got Talent Season 2
- West Java residents return to their homes after deadly tremor
- In first, SpaceX launches recycled rocket and spaceship
- H&M says to close more stores as customers go online
- Oil and gas lifting to fall slightly short of target
- Foundation documents culinary heritage via smartphone app
- Police arrest doctor for alleged hate speech against TNI chief
- Jakarta transportation operators to rejuvenate fleets
- Saudi women will also be allowed to drive motorcycles
- Rahul Gandhi extends family grip on India's Congress party