National scene: Businessman reported for defamation
The Jakarta Post
Melchias Mekeng, a Golkar Party politician who was also the chairman of House of Representatives Commission XI overseeing finance from 2009 until 2014, reported businessman Andi Narogong to the National Police’s Criminal Investigation Department (Bareskrim) on Monday after Andi accused him of accepting money in relation to the e-ID graft case.
“I’m here to find justice,” Melchias sa...
- New Terrorism Law no silver bullet, says rights researcher
- Muslim inmates fed pork during Ramadhan: Activists
- France arrests two spies for passing secrets to China
- BREAKING: Indonesia passes stronger antiterrorism law
- Costly holiday
- Colombia to become first Latin American NATO 'global partner'
- Indonesia shakes off nerves for Thomas Cup semifinal against China
- Government is representation of God on earth: State Palace official
- Malaysia's defeated UMNO party asks for its money back
- US wasted billions in failed Afghan stabilization efforts: official