KPK searches three PT PAL offices
The Jakarta Post
The Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK) on Saturday searched three offices of state-owned shipbuilder PT PAL Indonesia in Jakarta and Surabaya, East Java, as part of its probe into a bribery case pertaining to the company’s export of two warships to the Philippines.
The KPK previously arrested several PAL officials for allegedly receiving US$25,000 from a Manila-based company that brokered the purchase of the two warships.
The two PT PAL offices that were searched in Jakarta were located in Tanah Abang and MTH Square, KPK spokesperson Febri Diansyah said as quoted by kompas.com.
KPK seized several documents during the search in Surabaya, which lasted for 11 hours. “We also confiscated several items of electronic evidence and some money,” Febri said.
As earlier reported, PAL had won a tender for the construction of two strategic sealift vessels (SSV) worth Rp 1.1 trillion ($82.57 million) for the Philippine navy. The first warship was delivered to the Philippines in May 2016, while the second vessel is scheduled to be delivered in April. (rdi/ary)
You might also like :
- Jakarta sinking fast: Experts
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Of legs and Pancasila: Two petitions battle it out over BLACKPINK ad
- Lotte Chemical Indonesia begins construction of plant in Cilegon
- Don’t panic: Indonesian ‘cendol’ different from Singaporean ‘cendol’
- Tips to help you brew better coffee at home
- TNI denies explosive use during rescue after Papua shootings
- Environmentalists face greater risks amid development drive
- Prabowo answers all your burning questions in his little blue book
- ‘Obsess over problems, not idols’: 9 pieces of advice from Nadiem Makarim