Anies-Sandiaga wins at Djarot's polling station
The Jakarta Post
Jakarta gubernatorial candidate pair Anies Baswedan-Sandiaga Uno dominated the final election count at the polling station where Djarot Saiful Hidayat, the running mate of incumbent candidate Basuki "Ahok" Tjahaja Purnama, cast his vote on Wednesday.
The Gerindra Party-backed pair, Anies-Sandiaga, were the favored ticket at the TPS 08 polling station in East Kuningan, South Jakarta, grabbing 212 of the 320 votes.
Meanwhile, Ahok-Djarot, backed by the ruling Indonesian Democratic Party of Struggle (PDI-P), garnered 107 votes at the polling station, kompas.com reported
During the first round of the election, on Feb. 15, Anies-Sandiaga won the station with 140 votes. Ahok-Djarot finished second with 93 votes, while the former Democratic Party-backed gubernatorial candidate pairing of Agus Harimurti Yudhoyono and Sylviana Murni collected 84 votes.
As of 4:14 p.m, a quick count conducted by Kompas shows Anies-Sandiaga (58 percent) leading over Ahok-Djarot (41 percent). 94.5 percent of the total vote was counted. (afr)
- Minibus driver used Facebook before deadly crash: reports
- 53 injured as Saudi jet makes emergency landing
- Fuel consumption in Papua drops ahead of Idul Fitri
- Unattended suitcase causes security alert in Batam
- Women paid more than men for same job in Indonesia: Global survey
- Police find 'missing' teen's body at South Jakarta apartment
- FamilyMart to allow Airbnb users to pick up keys at its stores
- Commentary: Soeharto's most likely successor? How about Prabowo?
- No more Qlue as Jakarta administration introduces BERiDE
- Another phreatic eruption reported at Mt. Merapi