Anies-Sandiaga wins at Djarot's polling station
The Jakarta Post
Jakarta gubernatorial candidate pair Anies Baswedan-Sandiaga Uno dominated the final election count at the polling station where Djarot Saiful Hidayat, the running mate of incumbent candidate Basuki "Ahok" Tjahaja Purnama, cast his vote on Wednesday.
The Gerindra Party-backed pair, Anies-Sandiaga, were the favored ticket at the TPS 08 polling station in East Kuningan, South Jakarta, grabbing 212 of the 320 votes.
Meanwhile, Ahok-Djarot, backed by the ruling Indonesian Democratic Party of Struggle (PDI-P), garnered 107 votes at the polling station, kompas.com reported
During the first round of the election, on Feb. 15, Anies-Sandiaga won the station with 140 votes. Ahok-Djarot finished second with 93 votes, while the former Democratic Party-backed gubernatorial candidate pairing of Agus Harimurti Yudhoyono and Sylviana Murni collected 84 votes.
As of 4:14 p.m, a quick count conducted by Kompas shows Anies-Sandiaga (58 percent) leading over Ahok-Djarot (41 percent). 94.5 percent of the total vote was counted. (afr)
- Rizieq wants to go home after being questioned in Saudi
- 'Wiro Sableng 212' strives to define Indonesian films
- Golkar to announce candidates for 2018 regional elections this month
- SEA Games Malaysia: Agus Prayogo wins men’s marathon silver
- Anambas Islands to finish airport expansion in September
- Jokowi signs election bill into law
- SM Entertainment releases statement over Taeyeon's airport incident
- Lombok to host Ampenan Old Town Cultural Festival
- Aceh highlights traditional cuisine to promote halal tourism
- Prison expansion sought to solve overcrowding problem