Anies-Sandiaga wins at Djarot's polling station
The Jakarta Post
Jakarta gubernatorial candidate pair Anies Baswedan-Sandiaga Uno dominated the final election count at the polling station where Djarot Saiful Hidayat, the running mate of incumbent candidate Basuki "Ahok" Tjahaja Purnama, cast his vote on Wednesday.
The Gerindra Party-backed pair, Anies-Sandiaga, were the favored ticket at the TPS 08 polling station in East Kuningan, South Jakarta, grabbing 212 of the 320 votes.
Meanwhile, Ahok-Djarot, backed by the ruling Indonesian Democratic Party of Struggle (PDI-P), garnered 107 votes at the polling station, kompas.com reported
During the first round of the election, on Feb. 15, Anies-Sandiaga won the station with 140 votes. Ahok-Djarot finished second with 93 votes, while the former Democratic Party-backed gubernatorial candidate pairing of Agus Harimurti Yudhoyono and Sylviana Murni collected 84 votes.
As of 4:14 p.m, a quick count conducted by Kompas shows Anies-Sandiaga (58 percent) leading over Ahok-Djarot (41 percent). 94.5 percent of the total vote was counted. (afr)
- Telkom to add more Wi-Fi corners in tourist destinations
- PGI refuses to celebrate Christmas at Monas
- Indonesia's most popular Google searches in 2017 revealed
- Indonesia among Asia Pacific countries with slowest internet connection
- Indonesia, Freeport said to near new deal for giant copper mine
- Three drug dealers sentenced to death in Riau
- Singapore Airlines and SilkAir to roll out new airfare pricing
- 1,000 police officers to guard DWP music festival
- Go-Jek acquires three companies to dominate payment in Indonesia
- Jakarta’s floods claim life of toddler