Commentary: Losing Jakarta. How will it impact Jokowi’s 2019 reelection bid ?
Rendi A. Witular
The Jakarta Post
Idul Fitri came early at hundreds of mosques in the capital as their congregations chanted takbir (praise to Allah) and lit firecrackers until late on Wednesday in celebration of a new dawn after Anies Baswedan, the gubernatorial candidate backed by conservative and hard-line Muslim groups, swept closer to leading Jakarta.
Anies, supported by the opposition camp, delivered a crushing defea...
- Bali to develop offshore airport
- Novel Baswedan returns home
- Indonesia introduces tax data integration system to boost transparency
- Five feared dead, dozens buried in Brebes landslide
- Yogyakarta to transform into Indonesian Silicon Valley
- Provincial governments to maximize inter-province trade
- ‘Angkot’ drivers demand fewer OK OTrip program requirements
- German arrested over alleged drug smuggling
- Yogyakarta academicians call on MK chief justice to step down
- Winners of the 2018 Brit Awards