Czech, Monaco, France penetrate N. Sumatra to market tourist destinations
The Jakarta Post
The Czech Republic, France and Monaco have for the first time penetrated North Sumatra to market their respective tourist destinations in the province.
To introduce their destinations, representatives from the three countries held a string of events in Medan, North Sumatra, on Wednesday.
In a meeting hosted by Alliance Française de Medan, they offered a presentation on European tourist destinations in front of at least 60 travel agents operating in the city. They also invited local and national media companies to discuss European tourism.
Among the representatives who participated in the visit included Monaco Government Tourist Bureau Asia Office director Benoit Badufle and Bruno Courbet, Club Med’s director for Indonesia, Thailand, India and Emerging Countries.
Courbet said Club Med was a leader in presenting luxury winter holidays for travelers worldwide.
The company offers 25 luxury ski resorts in exceptional snow destinations around the world, including 21 resorts in the French Alps, he said.
“It is the world’s leading premium, all-inclusive resort company. It offers high-end, friendly and multicultural holidays for families and couples. To guarantee that holidaymakers have nothing to worry about during their stay, every detail is carefully taken care of,” said Courbet.
Badufle said Monaco continued to promote the Grand Prix Formula One and Casino in Monte Carlo as its prime attractions. “The Formula One will be held in Monaco at the end of May this year. I hope visitors from Indonesia will come and see it.” (ebf)
Exploring opportunities: Delegates from the Czech Republic, France and Monaco visited Medan in North Sumatra on April 19.(JP/Nurni Sulaiman)
- Obama arrives in Bali
- Media mogul declared intimidation suspect
- Indonesia's Jangkrik field’s first LNG cargo delivered
- Australia sends spy planes to south Philippines
- Former US president Obama to arrive on Bali this afternoon
- Australian citizen denied entry to Bali due to criminal record
- Property developer sees potential to build office buildings for startups in Bali
- Indonesia's upstream projects proposed for strategic project list
- No extravagant ceremony to welcome Obama: Official
- Online drivers choose to stay in Jakarta to earn more cash