Jakarta's daily construction workers to pass certification program
The Jakarta Post
Jakarta’s daily rate construction workers will have to complete a certification program that aims to standardize production and improve workers’ welfare through education.
The certification program, a mandate by incumbent Jakarta Governor Basuki “Ahok” Tjahaja Purnama, would certify the workers’ abilities to paint, plaster, install ceramics, apply roofing and so on.
“They could earn double the UMP [provincial minimum wage],” Jakarta Goods and Services Procurement Agency (BPPBJ) head Blessmyanda said on Thursday as quoted by wartakota.tribunnews.com.
He added that certified workers could then work on projects auctioned by the administration to private companies.
The agency has asked the National Profession Standardization Agency (BNSP) to control the exams and certifications.
- Jokowi gives green light for indigenous people bill deliberation
- Facebook post pushes Norway government to the brink of collapse
- Fatal accident on West Java toll road claims six lives
- Iron block falls at apartment project site in S. Jakarta, killing one
- UGM students sent to Asmat
- Kevin and Marcus reach thriller All England final
- French language eyes 'le comeback' as Britain leaves Europe
- Boxer dies 10 months after fight left him in a coma
- Opposition, NGO cry fraud in Russian polls
- Trump attacks fairness of Mueller probe