‘Kartini’ a politically correct version of ‘her story’
Tertiani ZB Simanjuntak
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM Window to the world: Kartini, played by Dian Sastrowardoyo, is allowed to read the books in Dutch sent by her brother during her marriage confinement.A less-exposed side of Kartini is being revealed.Film director Hanung Bramantyo might not have foreseen that his new film Kartini would be in resonance with the snowballing ideas on women’s resistance in the country, which gained momentum on Nation...
- Experts warn government against complacency in tackling forest fires
- Jakarta-Cikarang commuter line to begin operation in October
- Jakarta collects Rp 120 million in fines from illegal tree-cutting
- BI criticized for burdening consumers with e-money top-up costs
- Indonesia to organize upcoming Europalia cultural festival
- Government advised to increase ceiling on import taxes
- Elisabeth Moss, a Scientologist, wins Emmy for depicting cult
- Minister Susi to sink 100 more fishing boats this year
- Matahari closes two outlets in Jakarta
- Government preparing regulation for 'core tax system'