‘Kartini’ a politically correct version of ‘her story’
Tertiani ZB Simanjuntak
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM Window to the world: Kartini, played by Dian Sastrowardoyo, is allowed to read the books in Dutch sent by her brother during her marriage confinement.A less-exposed side of Kartini is being revealed.Film director Hanung Bramantyo might not have foreseen that his new film Kartini would be in resonance with the snowballing ideas on women’s resistance in the country, which gained momentum on Nation...
- Jokowi orders police to gun down foreign drug traffickers
- Justin Bieber's Indonesia concert rumors heat up following media reports
- Bumi subsidiary to gain big from NFC deal: Analyst
- Indonesia condemns Israeli crackdown on holy mosque
- Pertamina pledges firm actions against ‘recalcitrant’ LPG distributors
- High-tech mystery: Is a Facebook phone in the works?
- Private investors called on to help supply electricity to villages
- Cruise company to offer trips to Makassar, Semarang
- Dali's trademark moustache intact at '10 past 10'
- Waste bank gives Cengkareng residents extra income