Market largely unfazed by new Jakarta leaders
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM A day after the Jakarta gubernatorial election the stock market had a slightly negative welcome for the capital’s new leaders but analysts stress that the outlook ahead remains good. The Jakarta Composite Index (JCI), the benchmark of the Indonesia Stock Exchange, closed down 0.2 percent to 5,595.31 on Thursday.The rupiah, meanwhile, rose modestly by four points against the US dollar to R...
- Rain puts out forest fire on Mt Lawu
- Using the best of Security Council membership for Palestine-Israel conflict
- UK visa requirements relaxed for Indonesian students
- Malaysia's Najib explains why he had so many luxury handbags, lots of cash, jewe...
- We deserve more choices
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Number missing in Indonesia ferry disaster jumps again to 192: official
- Handgun found in bin at Soekarno-Hatta airport
- Traveler forgets father at rest stop upon return from Lebaran holiday
- US centers force migrant children to take drugs -lawsuit