Market largely unfazed by new Jakarta leaders
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM A day after the Jakarta gubernatorial election the stock market had a slightly negative welcome for the capital’s new leaders but analysts stress that the outlook ahead remains good. The Jakarta Composite Index (JCI), the benchmark of the Indonesia Stock Exchange, closed down 0.2 percent to 5,595.31 on Thursday.The rupiah, meanwhile, rose modestly by four points against the US dollar to R...
- Kim becomes first North Korean leader to cross border into South since war
- Headscarved students banned from performing 'gambyong' dance
- Indonesia's digital policy lacking focus
- House ratifies protocol on financial services in ASEAN region
- Number of rejected Schengen visa applications for Indonesia increases
- Bank Indonesia open to rate rises
- Human rights at risk for ASEAN citizens
- Anger as Fiji tourism ad swaps 'church' for 'toilet'
- ‘Stranger Things’ coming to Universal Studios Singapore
- Ship's captain named suspect in Balikpapan oil spill