Victims seek to end child marriage
Marguerite Afra Sapiie
The Jakarta Post
No benefit could come from becoming a child bride and it could rather send young girls into poverty and poor health.
Such was the position of three child-marriage victims seeking to challenge the 1974 Marriage Law in a bid to end the rampant practice.
The Indonesian Coalition to End Child Marriage (Koalisi 18+) had previously filed a request to raise the minimum age for girls to mar...
- Sandiaga vows to embrace Ahok supporters
- Jokowi may reshuffle Cabinet: Researcher
- EDITORIAL: Transition in progress
- Indonesia does not need caliphate, MUI chief says amid social media frenzy
- Man wearing condom found dead in hotel room
- Retail brands from China defying stereotype to set up shop in Singapore
- Freeport submits proposal to obtain export permit
- First Jakarta-Los Angeles cargo route launched in Tanjung Priok
- Ahok offered to assist in transition process: Anies
- Indonesia cements reserves, braces for Federal Reserve rate hike