Victims seek to end child marriage
Marguerite Afra Sapiie
The Jakarta Post
No benefit could come from becoming a child bride and it could rather send young girls into poverty and poor health.
Such was the position of three child-marriage victims seeking to challenge the 1974 Marriage Law in a bid to end the rampant practice.
The Indonesian Coalition to End Child Marriage (Koalisi 18+) had previously filed a request to raise the minimum age for girls to mar...
- No flight attendants in bikinis for Vietjet’s upcoming route
- Indonesian firm to construct coal port in Vietnam
- All Germany's gold returned from French vaults
- Russia offers nuke power to Indonesia
- Indonesia needs to realize its sharia economy potential
- Nike bazaar ends in chaos on Tuesday
- Trade Ministry, Eximbank to boost financing for exporters
- Almonds help rid body of bad cholesterol
- Foo Fighters’ Taylor Hawkins: Computer-made pop music is depressing
- Myanmarese fugitive arrested for trafficking