Victims seek to end child marriage
Marguerite Afra Sapiie
The Jakarta Post
No benefit could come from becoming a child bride and it could rather send young girls into poverty and poor health.
Such was the position of three child-marriage victims seeking to challenge the 1974 Marriage Law in a bid to end the rampant practice.
The Indonesian Coalition to End Child Marriage (Koalisi 18+) had previously filed a request to raise the minimum age for girls to mar...
- Thousands protest in Jakarta against Trump's Jerusalem move
- Indonesia seeks to impose import duties on intangible goods
- "Where are the trees?," Jokowi slams green programs
- Major recall of Lactalis baby milk over salmonella fears
- Indonesia to voice developmental concerns at WTO conference
- Lippo to hold rights issue in first quarter of 2018
- Potatoes for peace: how the humble tuber stopped conflict in Europe
- Saudi Arabia hails Iraq victory over IS
- Indika completes acquisition of Kideco
- Israel minister calls for boycott of Arab area after riot