Franchise expo to support micro-franchising in RI: Organizers
The Jakarta Post
An international franchise exhibition opened on Friday in Jakarta to support domestic micro-franchising and to attract more entrepreneurs to join the industry, organizers have said.
The annual event, officially named The International Franchise, License & Business Concept Expo & Conference (IFRA), was organized by the Indonesia Franchise Association (AFI).
The event will take place from Friday to Sunday at the Jakarta Convention Center (JCC).
"Franchise businesses fit with the economy of the people [in general], who generally want to be self-employed," said IFA chairman Anang Sukandar during the expo opening ceremony, adding that IFA would also organize roadshows to several regions to support the campaign.
Meanwhile, IFRA 2017 project manager Novit Cahyani said the annual expo this year involved around 350 brands from 150 companies, including foreign participants from the Philippines, Singapore and Hong Kong.
She admitted that fewer participants would take part in the event this year, primarily because of the absence of Malaysian companies.
Novit, however, expects the number of visitors to increase to 15,000 people from 14,000 last year and the value of the transactions to hit Rp 500 billion (US$37 million) from Rp 400 billion last year.
The three-day event is supported by the Trade Ministry, the Cooperatives and Small and Medium Enterprise Ministry, Singapore's Franchising and Licensing Association (FLA) and the Philippines Franchise Association (PFA). (yon/bbn)
- Environment minister responds to President’s criticism
- Essay: Losing my religion
- 1.2 million drug abusers live in Jakarta
- Ministry seizes Jakarta’s party bus
- Don’t scare investors away, Jokowi tells ministers
- Bikers banned from new Semanggi Interchange because of selfie fears
- Don’t make us get nothing: Speaker on Jakarta councilors’ allowance increase
- North Korean celebrity's homecoming: Happy to be home or was she kidnapped?
- House lawmaker supports rupiah redenomination
- Minister Susi rejects idea to auction off confiscated fishing boats