Sinarmas Land begins construction of digital hub
The Jakarta Post
Property developer Sinarmas Land began on Thursday construction worth Rp 7 trillion (US$524.89 million) for an integrated smart digital hub in Bumi Serpong Damai (BSD), South Tangerang, Banten, aimed to connect startups, technology leaders and digital communities.
The construction is the first phase in the establishment of the digital hub, which is later expected to create an information technology (IT) and digital technology ecosystem in Indonesia, said Sinarmas Land CEO Michael Widjaya.
“The construction is expected to be completed in 2019. As the second phase is from 2019 to 2021, we’ll later tie the community by helping them partner and collaborate with each other to create the ecosystem,” he said during the event on Thursday.
(Read also: Sinarmas Land to spend Rp 7t on digital city project)
Besides startups and talent development companies, some multinational firms have joined in the digital hub, including technology giant Apple, ITC solutions provider Huawei and IT services firm Dimension Data, said Michael.
“We’re looking forward to attracting educational institutions. Today we’ve signed an agreement with Amikom University [private IT College in Yogyakarta]. We’ve also met two more universities willing to join, one of which is an international university,” he said.
Sinarmas Land initiated the construction of the digital hub in February 2016.
It is hoped the new hub will become Indonesia’s version of the United States’ Silicon Valley. (yon/bbn)
- Metro TV fires reporter connected to Setya
- Japan proposes to build new tracks for Jakarta-Surabaya railway: Minister
- Tourism Ministry to focus on developing four New Balis next year
- End nears for Mugabe as ruling party turns against him
- Online exhibit shows hidden depths of Picasso's 'Guernica'
- Macron's popularity recovers as French see him keeping promises
- UK aims for driverless cars by 2021
- Boxer knocks out rival in 11 seconds
- Public Works and Public Housing Ministry to develop four Priority Destinations
- Commentary: Stop making jokes about Setya. It's not funny anymore.