Sinarmas Land begins construction of digital hub
The Jakarta Post
Property developer Sinarmas Land began on Thursday construction worth Rp 7 trillion (US$524.89 million) for an integrated smart digital hub in Bumi Serpong Damai (BSD), South Tangerang, Banten, aimed to connect startups, technology leaders and digital communities.
The construction is the first phase in the establishment of the digital hub, which is later expected to create an information technology (IT) and digital technology ecosystem in Indonesia, said Sinarmas Land CEO Michael Widjaya.
“The construction is expected to be completed in 2019. As the second phase is from 2019 to 2021, we’ll later tie the community by helping them partner and collaborate with each other to create the ecosystem,” he said during the event on Thursday.
(Read also: Sinarmas Land to spend Rp 7t on digital city project)
Besides startups and talent development companies, some multinational firms have joined in the digital hub, including technology giant Apple, ITC solutions provider Huawei and IT services firm Dimension Data, said Michael.
“We’re looking forward to attracting educational institutions. Today we’ve signed an agreement with Amikom University [private IT College in Yogyakarta]. We’ve also met two more universities willing to join, one of which is an international university,” he said.
Sinarmas Land initiated the construction of the digital hub in February 2016.
It is hoped the new hub will become Indonesia’s version of the United States’ Silicon Valley. (yon/bbn)
- Rain puts out forest fire on Mt Lawu
- Intel CEO resigns after probe of relationship with employee
- Saudi Arabia's jailed trailblazers
- Indonesia poised to benefit as China's Belt and Road turns green
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Indonesia's growing thirst for coffee drains premium bean supplies
- India offers free e-visa for Indonesians
- Pro IS cleric gets death for inspiring terror attacks in Indonesia
- UK visa requirements relaxed for Indonesian students
- Britain's Prince William on historic trip to Israel and West Bank