Island focus: Armed robbers strike Bank Jateng
The Jakarta Post
Armed robbers struck Central Java’s regional development bank (Bank Jateng) in Ungaran, Semarang regency, in Central Java on Thursday afternoon and made off with Rp 150 million (US$11,247).
Four men, two of them armed, robbed the bank at 1:30 p.m. on Thursday and locked up three employees and three customers inside the building before taking the money with them.
The robbers came on...
- Rain puts out forest fire on Mt Lawu
- Saudi Arabia's jailed trailblazers
- Intel CEO resigns after probe of relationship with employee
- Indonesia poised to benefit as China's Belt and Road turns green
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Indonesia's growing thirst for coffee drains premium bean supplies
- India offers free e-visa for Indonesians
- Pro IS cleric gets death for inspiring terror attacks in Indonesia
- Jakpost guide to bookworm havens
- UK visa requirements relaxed for Indonesian students