Island focus: Armed robbers strike Bank Jateng
The Jakarta Post
Armed robbers struck Central Java’s regional development bank (Bank Jateng) in Ungaran, Semarang regency, in Central Java on Thursday afternoon and made off with Rp 150 million (US$11,247).
Four men, two of them armed, robbed the bank at 1:30 p.m. on Thursday and locked up three employees and three customers inside the building before taking the money with them.
The robbers came on...
- Wu's fans skip Chinese New Year for NBA All Star celebrity game
- Father-son duo arrested over alleged drug dealing
- China vows to protect interests as US eyes trade sanctions
- Italy's country doctor making house calls on horseback
- Indonesia mulls ban on maids to Malaysia
- Adelina’s family demands compensation
- Vatican revives pope's sexual abuse panel
- East Java targets to vaccinate 10m following diphtheria outbreak
- Pakistan child killer handed four death sentences
- PBB, PKPI ineligible for 2019 elections: KPU