Island focus: Armed robbers strike Bank Jateng
The Jakarta Post
Armed robbers struck Central Java’s regional development bank (Bank Jateng) in Ungaran, Semarang regency, in Central Java on Thursday afternoon and made off with Rp 150 million (US$11,247).
Four men, two of them armed, robbed the bank at 1:30 p.m. on Thursday and locked up three employees and three customers inside the building before taking the money with them.
The robbers came on...
- Transjakarta driver steals bus: Police
- Dutch national arrested over alleged hashish possession
- Why RCEP is more dangerous than Bilateral Investment Treaties
- Celebrities lash out at Trump’s decision to ban transgenders from military service
- Ahok donates Rp 200 million for dancing fountain renovation
- PAN to withdraw from KPK inquiry committee
- City to repair sidewalks with leftover budget from Semanggi project
- Cut! Regulators at odds with censors
- Redenomination not in near future: Jokowi
- Freeport yet to extend operating permit: Ministry