Island focus: Armed robbers strike Bank Jateng
The Jakarta Post
Armed robbers struck Central Java’s regional development bank (Bank Jateng) in Ungaran, Semarang regency, in Central Java on Thursday afternoon and made off with Rp 150 million (US$11,247).
Four men, two of them armed, robbed the bank at 1:30 p.m. on Thursday and locked up three employees and three customers inside the building before taking the money with them.
The robbers came on...
- China challenged Australian warships in South China Sea-Australian media
- Jokowi to complete 38 strategic projects before term ends
- 'Islamization' of women's movement in Indonesia
- Will Facebook Indonesia face criminal charges for data breach?
- Jakarta MRT to have women operators, maintenance officers
- Government raises demands to Facebook Indonesia
- Trash inundates space underneath toll road in North Jakarta
- Britain to ban sale of plastic straws in bid to fight waste
- Banjarnegara earthquake displaces more than 2,000
- How healthy is too healthy? EU warns about green tea supplements