Jokowi observes massive TNI exercise near S. China Sea
Fadli and Moses Ompusunggu
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM For the second time in seven months, President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo observed a massive military drill around the resourcerich Natuna Islands, an area where Indonesian maritime authorities have had a number of run-ins with Chinese vessels. The Natuna waters are partly claimed by China as they are within Beijing’s ambiguous ninedash line. The area verges on the South China Sea...
You might also like :
- Insight: Fair trade for palm oil, please!
- Amorous couples, sex workers whipped in Aceh
- 'Islamization' of women's movement in Indonesia
- Prabowo's presidential bid hangs in the balance
- Rupiah weakens to almost Rp 13,900 against US dollar
- Suzuki introduces second-generation Ertiga
- Tourism Ministry to lure New Zealand yachters
- Indonesia seeks to lure Chinese tourists to destinations outside Bali
- President Jokowi optimistic about electric cars in Indonesia
- Malindo Air flight suffers runway excursion in Kathmandu