Jokowi observes massive TNI exercise near S. China Sea
Fadli and Moses Ompusunggu
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM For the second time in seven months, President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo observed a massive military drill around the resourcerich Natuna Islands, an area where Indonesian maritime authorities have had a number of run-ins with Chinese vessels. The Natuna waters are partly claimed by China as they are within Beijing’s ambiguous ninedash line. The area verges on the South China Sea...
You might also like :
- Experts warn government against complacency in tackling forest fires
- Jakarta-Cikarang commuter line to begin operation in October
- Jakarta collects Rp 120 million in fines from illegal tree-cutting
- BI criticized for burdening consumers with e-money top-up costs
- Indonesia to organize upcoming Europalia cultural festival
- Government advised to increase ceiling on import taxes
- Elisabeth Moss, a Scientologist, wins Emmy for depicting cult
- Minister Susi to sink 100 more fishing boats this year
- Matahari closes two outlets in Jakarta
- Government preparing regulation for 'core tax system'