Restoring peace and order in Jakarta: A choice for Anies-Sandiaga
Mireille Marcia Karman
Jakarta is still busy with its own political polemic even after the city’s gubernatorial election. In six months newly elected leaders Anies Baswedan and Sandiaga Uno will take over the leadership while people are still divided over the election results and a court ruling against outgoing Governor Basuki Tjahaja “Ahok” Purnama.
The Anies-Sandiaga duet can learn from past lessons shoul...
- Environment minister responds to President’s criticism
- Essay: Losing my religion
- 1.2 million drug abusers live in Jakarta
- Ministry seizes Jakarta’s party bus
- Don’t scare investors away, Jokowi tells ministers
- Bikers banned from new Semanggi Interchange because of selfie fears
- Don’t make us get nothing: Speaker on Jakarta councilors’ allowance increase
- North Korean celebrity's homecoming: Happy to be home or was she kidnapped?
- House lawmaker supports rupiah redenomination
- Minister Susi rejects idea to auction off confiscated fishing boats