Restoring peace and order in Jakarta: A choice for Anies-Sandiaga
Mireille Marcia Karman
Jakarta is still busy with its own political polemic even after the city’s gubernatorial election. In six months newly elected leaders Anies Baswedan and Sandiaga Uno will take over the leadership while people are still divided over the election results and a court ruling against outgoing Governor Basuki Tjahaja “Ahok” Purnama.
The Anies-Sandiaga duet can learn from past lessons shoul...
- Jakarta prepares traffic strategy for Asian Games
- Mt. Sinabung spews massive smoke-and-ash column
- Anti-LGBT team established in Depok
- Indonesia extends export recommendation for Freeport
- US man stole thumb of Chinese terracotta warrior statue
- IS ambush kills 27 pro-government fighters in Iraq
- Tasting Bali-based Locavore’s award-winning cuisine in Jakarta
- Jakarta-Bandung railway project won’t meet target: Minister
- Tearful French skater's 'worst nightmare' after dress mishap
- Emirates to launch new Dubai-Bali-Auckland service