Restoring peace and order in Jakarta: A choice for Anies-Sandiaga
Mireille Marcia Karman
Jakarta is still busy with its own political polemic even after the city’s gubernatorial election. In six months newly elected leaders Anies Baswedan and Sandiaga Uno will take over the leadership while people are still divided over the election results and a court ruling against outgoing Governor Basuki Tjahaja “Ahok” Purnama.
The Anies-Sandiaga duet can learn from past lessons shoul...
- Traditions surrounding a British royal birth
- ‘A Quiet Place’ returns to no. 1 in third week for Paramount
- 'Buffalo Boys' praised for action-packed first trailer
- PLN prepares to issue global bonds
- Afghan girl spends life disguised as 'son' her parents wanted
- Kremlin, on possible missile delivery to Syria, says Western strike soured atmosphere
- Palm oil exports fall by 14% in February: Gapki
- EDITORIAL: When interests collide
- New rule no 'carte blanche' for foreign workers: Minister
- Iraqi shrine tablets offer blessings, cures and a living