Actress' body to be removed from current tomb
The Jakarta Post
The drama that befell the deceased body of late soap opera actress Yana Zein has yet to come to an end as her mother has assured that she will move Yana’s body from her current tomb at Gandul cemetery in Cinere, Depok, West Java, to “a more proper graveyard.”
The actress' mother, Swetlana Zein, said right after Yana’s funeral on June 2 that she was upset that her daughter was buried in a less than decent place. She planned to move the body to a more decent Muslim cemetery.
Yana’s father, Nurzaman Zein who previously had a tough argument with Swetlana regarding Yana’s funeral rites, surprisingly agreed with his ex-wife on Monday.
(Read also: Ugly religious quarrel mars funeral of actress)
“I agree with her if she informs me where Yana’s body will be buried. It doesn’t violate aqidah [Islamic creed],” Nurzaman said after tahlilan congregational prayer for the dead.
He said he agreed under the condition that Yana’s corpse be removed after it decomposed and was fused with soil, probably within one to two years.
Yana passed away at the age of 44, after a two year battle with breast cancer, leaving behind two teenage daughters. Her funeral was marred by a quarrel between Swetlana and Nurzaman, who come from different religious backgrounds, over the funeral rites.
Swetlana, who is of Russian origin, wanted a Christian funeral for Yana, whom she claimed was a Christian, while Nurzaman wanted an Islamic funeral for her, claiming that Yana was born as Muslim.
Yana was finally buried in an Islamic way. (vny)
- A father’s love: Wiranto explains why his daughter wears niqab
- Ed Sheeran on BTS: ‘I think they are great’
- 6 kg of garbage found in dead whale's stomach in Wakatobi
- Indonesia's latest economic stimulus package: What you need to know
- Foreign investors allowed to own 100% shares in 25 business units
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- BLACKPINK’s Jennie sets records with ‘Solo’ videos
- Afghan refugees stage protest in Medan, asking to be sent to Oz, US
- Whale shark seen in Jakarta Bay
- Jokowi won't grant Nuril amnesty