Grenade found near State Palace
The Jakarta Post
A grenade was discovered at Pecenongan Police station in Gambir, not far from the State Palace in Central Jakarta, on Tuesday.
Central Jakarta Police deputy chief Adj. Sr. Comr. Asep Guntur said the police deployed the Gegana bomb squad to the station to make the grenade safe soon after the discovery at about 10 a.m.
Asep explained that a police officer, Rasjo, found a white plastic bag in front of the station and brought it inside.
“Not long after that, the station head First Police Inspector Pande K Widiasa arrived and opened the bag to find a grenade inside it,” he said as quoted by wartakota.tribunnews.com.
Pande put the bag outside the police station again and contacted the Gegana bomb squad to make it safe, Asep said, “Whether it is active or not is up to Gegana to decide.”
The grenade discovery was the second such incident recently occurring near the State Palace.
Last month, a group of people broke into and damaged parts of the Monas Barat police post in Gambir, the location was in the vicinity of City Hall and several other government buildings, including the State Palace. (vny)
- To fast or not? Free of IS, Syrians in Raqa mark relaxed Ramadhan
- Anwar Ibrahim's Jakarta visit packed with media interviews
- Saudis detain women's advocates ahead of driving ban lift
- Homes in East Lombok attacked, Ahmadis take refuge at police HQ
- Boy who could not wait for new phone burns down family's house
- Cuba confirms 110 killed in country's deadliest plane crash since 1989
- UGM launches app to help you help disaster victims
- Indonesia, South Africa organize forum to boost economic ties
- Anwar Ibrahim: Indonesia visit to celebrate ‘Reformasi’
- Trump, Moon discuss N. Korea's threat to scrap summit