Grenade found near State Palace
The Jakarta Post
A grenade was discovered at Pecenongan Police station in Gambir, not far from the State Palace in Central Jakarta, on Tuesday.
Central Jakarta Police deputy chief Adj. Sr. Comr. Asep Guntur said the police deployed the Gegana bomb squad to the station to make the grenade safe soon after the discovery at about 10 a.m.
Asep explained that a police officer, Rasjo, found a white plastic bag in front of the station and brought it inside.
“Not long after that, the station head First Police Inspector Pande K Widiasa arrived and opened the bag to find a grenade inside it,” he said as quoted by wartakota.tribunnews.com.
Pande put the bag outside the police station again and contacted the Gegana bomb squad to make it safe, Asep said, “Whether it is active or not is up to Gegana to decide.”
The grenade discovery was the second such incident recently occurring near the State Palace.
Last month, a group of people broke into and damaged parts of the Monas Barat police post in Gambir, the location was in the vicinity of City Hall and several other government buildings, including the State Palace. (vny)
- Thousands sign petition against sentence for Malaysian who abused maid
- Saudi Arabia beheads Indonesian worker despite Jokowi’s pleas for clemency
- Bottled water meets quality standards: BPOM
- Why the rich in Jakarta have better access to water than the poor
- No condoms or cigarettes sold at Muslim convenience store in Depok
- Missing giant yellow duck found in Australia
- Residents clash with police personnel in land execution in C. Sulawesi
- Anies issues regulation simplifying process of shutting down entertainment spots
- With Rp 10 billion, what kind of home can you get in Jakarta?
- Indonesian short film on oil palm industry enters international festivals