Home of Transjakarta boss attacked
The Jakarta Post
The home of PT Transjakarta president director Budi Kaliwono was attacked with a petrol bomb, or Molotov cocktail, on Tuesday evening, a day after Transjakarta employees carried out a strike demanding better employment benefits.
It was reported that Budi was home at the time of the incident, which occurred on Jl. Bandeng, Pulo Gadung, East Jakarta, at around 8.40 p.m.Read also: Transjakarta passengers stranded as workers launch strike
"[Budi] and his wife extinguish the fire [from the explosion] with a wet cloth," Jakarta Police spokesman Sr. Comr. Argo Yuwono said on Wednesday as quoted by tribunnews.com, adding that Budi reported the incident to the Pulo Gadung Police.
Investigators are currently working on tracking down the perpetrator.
Earlier on Tuesday, Budi made a controversial remark in response to a recent strike held by Transjakarta workers, threatening to fire anyone who joined a second strike planned for Wednesday.
Monday’s Transjakarta strike left thousands of commuters stranded across the capital. (agn/van)
- President Trump, thank you for not attending ASEAN summit
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Teenagers boil sanitary pads to get high
- Indonesia to free Bali Nine drug smuggler Lawrence: Official
- JT610 victim's bride takes wedding photo shoot without groom
- Government to issue new regulation on coal permits
- US pilots say Boeing didn’t warn of 737 feature tied to crash
- Garuda to reopen Jakarta-London route
- Bali authority denies report on JE viral infection outbreak
- No nutrients lost in rendang despite long cooking period, research says