Home of Transjakarta boss attacked
The Jakarta Post
The home of PT Transjakarta president director Budi Kaliwono was attacked with a petrol bomb, or Molotov cocktail, on Tuesday evening, a day after Transjakarta employees carried out a strike demanding better employment benefits.
It was reported that Budi was home at the time of the incident, which occurred on Jl. Bandeng, Pulo Gadung, East Jakarta, at around 8.40 p.m.Read also: Transjakarta passengers stranded as workers launch strike
"[Budi] and his wife extinguish the fire [from the explosion] with a wet cloth," Jakarta Police spokesman Sr. Comr. Argo Yuwono said on Wednesday as quoted by tribunnews.com, adding that Budi reported the incident to the Pulo Gadung Police.
Investigators are currently working on tracking down the perpetrator.
Earlier on Tuesday, Budi made a controversial remark in response to a recent strike held by Transjakarta workers, threatening to fire anyone who joined a second strike planned for Wednesday.
Monday’s Transjakarta strike left thousands of commuters stranded across the capital. (agn/van)
- ‘I’m just ordinary man now’: Setya collects debts from friends to pay restitutio...
- Indonesia must improve its e-government
- Three elephants in Jambi relocated to prevent inbreeding
- Sri Lanka train kills mother elephant, two calves
- Economic nationalism is back in Indonesia as election approaches
- BTS cancels collaboration with Yasushi Akimoto
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Dalai Lama: I knew of sex abuse by Buddhist teachers since 1990s
- 'Kinky Boots' encourages Chinese drag queens to 'be themselves'
- Trump hits China with tariffs on another $200b in goods