Police arrest two more men in connection with deadly shooting in West Jakarta
The Jakarta Post
Jakarta Police announced the arrest of two more men they are accusing of having been involved in an armed robbery that ended with the shooting death of Davidson Tantono on Jl. Raya Daan Mogot in West Jakarta last week. The two men were arrested in Lampung.
The arrest brings to four the total number of suspects apprehended.
“We were able to arrest them pretty quickly since there were many eyewitnesses around the scene and we could identify them through CCTV footage,” Jakarta Police spokesman Sr. Comr. Argo Yuwono.
“Currently, we are still hunting down the captain,” Argo said, referring to whoever planned and led the robbery.
According to Argo, the “captain” had divided the Rp 300 million (US$22,580) in cash they took from Davidson among the group members.
Argo has also alleged the same group was involved in 10 other robberies.
A week ago, Davidson died after two robbers shot him in the head and fled with his bag of cash. Davidson had reportedly withdrawn the money from a bank in Kebon Jeruk, West Jakarta, before driving to the gas station to check on a flat tire.
When he got out of the car, someone grabbed his bag, which he had placed near the steering wheel. The victim fought the two robbers for control of the bag before getting shot.
Davidson, who ran a cooperative, had withdrawn the money to cover the cooperative’s general expenses and to provide loans to members ahead of Idul Fitri. (dea/dmr)
- Obama arrives in Bali
- Media mogul declared intimidation suspect
- Indonesia's Jangkrik field’s first LNG cargo delivered
- Australia sends spy planes to south Philippines
- Former US president Obama to arrive on Bali this afternoon
- Australian citizen denied entry to Bali due to criminal record
- Property developer sees potential to build office buildings for startups in Bali
- Indonesia's upstream projects proposed for strategic project list
- No extravagant ceremony to welcome Obama: Official
- Online drivers choose to stay in Jakarta to earn more cash