Bus-truck collision kills eight in Bali
The Jakarta Post
Eight people were killed on Saturday night when a tour bus carrying 13 passengers hit a Tronton dump truck at Kilometer 121 on the Denpasar-Gilimanuk road in Gilimanuk sub-district, Melaya district, Jembrana regency, Bali.
One of the victims died in an ambulance on the way to the nearest hospital, a witness said, as quoted by tribunnews.com.
The victims’ nationalities are currently unknown.
Gilimanuk Police chief Comr. Anak Agung Gede Arka confirmed the accident, adding that his team was still investigating the cause.
The tour bus was traveling from the east when it suddenly hit the truck coming from the opposite direction near the forest of West Bali National Park (TNBB) at 9 p.m. (yon)
- Obama arrives in Bali
- Media mogul declared intimidation suspect
- Australian citizen denied entry to Bali due to criminal record
- Indonesia's upstream projects proposed for strategic project list
- Obama’s visit to boost Indonesia’s tourism
- Bumi Resources finally obtains effective statement to restructure debt
- Police to question media mogul Hary Tanoe as suspect in alleged threat against prosecutor
- No extravagant ceremony to welcome Obama: Official
- Former US president Obama to arrive on Bali this afternoon
- Online drivers choose to stay in Jakarta to earn more cash