Bus-truck collision kills eight in Bali
The Jakarta Post
Eight people were killed on Saturday night when a tour bus carrying 13 passengers hit a Tronton dump truck at Kilometer 121 on the Denpasar-Gilimanuk road in Gilimanuk sub-district, Melaya district, Jembrana regency, Bali.
One of the victims died in an ambulance on the way to the nearest hospital, a witness said, as quoted by tribunnews.com.
The victims’ nationalities are currently unknown.
Gilimanuk Police chief Comr. Anak Agung Gede Arka confirmed the accident, adding that his team was still investigating the cause.
The tour bus was traveling from the east when it suddenly hit the truck coming from the opposite direction near the forest of West Bali National Park (TNBB) at 9 p.m. (yon)
- Indonesian magician The Sacred Riana is crowned winner of Asia's Got Talent Season 2
- In first, SpaceX launches recycled rocket and spaceship
- Yogyakarta airport developers warned not to ‘steal’ people’s land
- 2 killed, 7 injured in Java quake: Agency
- Oil and gas lifting to fall slightly short of target
- Foundation documents culinary heritage via smartphone app
- Jakarta transportation operators to rejuvenate fleets
- Police arrest doctor for alleged hate speech against TNI chief
- Saudi women will also be allowed to drive motorcycles
- H&M says to close more stores as customers go online