Bus-truck collision kills eight in Bali
The Jakarta Post
Eight people were killed on Saturday night when a tour bus carrying 13 passengers hit a Tronton dump truck at Kilometer 121 on the Denpasar-Gilimanuk road in Gilimanuk sub-district, Melaya district, Jembrana regency, Bali.
One of the victims died in an ambulance on the way to the nearest hospital, a witness said, as quoted by tribunnews.com.
The victims’ nationalities are currently unknown.
Gilimanuk Police chief Comr. Anak Agung Gede Arka confirmed the accident, adding that his team was still investigating the cause.
The tour bus was traveling from the east when it suddenly hit the truck coming from the opposite direction near the forest of West Bali National Park (TNBB) at 9 p.m. (yon)
- New Terrorism Law no silver bullet, says rights researcher
- Muslim inmates fed pork during Ramadhan: Activists
- Another phreatic eruption reported at Mt. Merapi
- Global warming may have 'devastating' effects on rice: Study
- Minibus driver used Facebook before deadly crash: reports
- Government is representation of God on earth: State Palace official
- BTS’ new album shows what truly matters
- Costly holiday
- France arrests two spies for passing secrets to China
- China fines Muji for packaging that lists Taiwan as a country