Bus-truck collision kills eight in Bali
The Jakarta Post
Eight people were killed on Saturday night when a tour bus carrying 13 passengers hit a Tronton dump truck at Kilometer 121 on the Denpasar-Gilimanuk road in Gilimanuk sub-district, Melaya district, Jembrana regency, Bali.
One of the victims died in an ambulance on the way to the nearest hospital, a witness said, as quoted by tribunnews.com.
The victims’ nationalities are currently unknown.
Gilimanuk Police chief Comr. Anak Agung Gede Arka confirmed the accident, adding that his team was still investigating the cause.
The tour bus was traveling from the east when it suddenly hit the truck coming from the opposite direction near the forest of West Bali National Park (TNBB) at 9 p.m. (yon)
- Rizieq wants to go home after being questioned in Saudi
- 'Wiro Sableng 212' strives to define Indonesian films
- Golkar to announce candidates for 2018 regional elections this month
- SEA Games Malaysia: Agus Prayogo wins men’s marathon silver
- Anambas Islands to finish airport expansion in September
- Jokowi signs election bill into law
- SM Entertainment releases statement over Taeyeon's airport incident
- Lombok to host Ampenan Old Town Cultural Festival
- Aceh highlights traditional cuisine to promote halal tourism
- Prison expansion sought to solve overcrowding problem