Police shoot dead suspect in gas station armed robbery
The Jakarta Post
Jakarta Police have shot dead a man who is alleged to have robbed and shot dead Davidson Tantono in Daan Mogot, West Jakarta, on June 9.
“Yes, we’ve shot [the suspect] him dead,” Jakarta Police spokesman Sr. Comr. Argo Yuwono said Saturday, referring to the suspect as IR.
Argo said IR was arrested in Karawang, West Java. Police detectives had taken IR to Bogor, West Java to identify others that may have been involved in the armed robbery. However, the suspect reportedly attempted to escape.
Besides IR, police also rounded up three other suspects, TP, M, and DTK, who are reportedly members of a group dubbed by local media as Jakarta’s Ocean’s Eleven.
According to Argo, the group is allegedly behind the deadly robbery at a gas station in Cengkareng. The group is also reportedly behind crimes in Jakarta, Tangerang, Banten, Cirebon and Bekasi.
Police say the group has garnered at least Rp 1.56 billion from their robberies.
- Facebook post pushes Norway government to the brink of collapse
- Jokowi gives green light for indigenous people bill deliberation
- Putin on track for commanding win as Russians head to polls
- Fatal accident on West Java toll road claims six lives
- Opposition, NGO cry fraud in Russian polls
- Turkish-led forces in control of Syria's Afrin city
- Continuous profit from quail-waste based biogas
- Iron block falls at apartment project site in S. Jakarta, killing one
- Kevin and Marcus reach thriller All England final
- Trump attacks fairness of Mueller probe