Police shoot dead suspect in gas station armed robbery
The Jakarta Post
Jakarta Police have shot dead a man who is alleged to have robbed and shot dead Davidson Tantono in Daan Mogot, West Jakarta, on June 9.
“Yes, we’ve shot [the suspect] him dead,” Jakarta Police spokesman Sr. Comr. Argo Yuwono said Saturday, referring to the suspect as IR.
Argo said IR was arrested in Karawang, West Java. Police detectives had taken IR to Bogor, West Java to identify others that may have been involved in the armed robbery. However, the suspect reportedly attempted to escape.
Besides IR, police also rounded up three other suspects, TP, M, and DTK, who are reportedly members of a group dubbed by local media as Jakarta’s Ocean’s Eleven.
According to Argo, the group is allegedly behind the deadly robbery at a gas station in Cengkareng. The group is also reportedly behind crimes in Jakarta, Tangerang, Banten, Cirebon and Bekasi.
Police say the group has garnered at least Rp 1.56 billion from their robberies.
- Obama arrives in Bali
- Media mogul declared intimidation suspect
- Australian citizen denied entry to Bali due to criminal record
- Indonesia's upstream projects proposed for strategic project list
- Obama’s visit to boost Indonesia’s tourism
- Bumi Resources finally obtains effective statement to restructure debt
- Police to question media mogul Hary Tanoe as suspect in alleged threat against prosecutor
- No extravagant ceremony to welcome Obama: Official
- Former US president Obama to arrive on Bali this afternoon
- Australia sends spy planes to south Philippines