Police shoot dead suspect in gas station armed robbery
The Jakarta Post
Jakarta Police have shot dead a man who is alleged to have robbed and shot dead Davidson Tantono in Daan Mogot, West Jakarta, on June 9.
“Yes, we’ve shot [the suspect] him dead,” Jakarta Police spokesman Sr. Comr. Argo Yuwono said Saturday, referring to the suspect as IR.
Argo said IR was arrested in Karawang, West Java. Police detectives had taken IR to Bogor, West Java to identify others that may have been involved in the armed robbery. However, the suspect reportedly attempted to escape.
Besides IR, police also rounded up three other suspects, TP, M, and DTK, who are reportedly members of a group dubbed by local media as Jakarta’s Ocean’s Eleven.
According to Argo, the group is allegedly behind the deadly robbery at a gas station in Cengkareng. The group is also reportedly behind crimes in Jakarta, Tangerang, Banten, Cirebon and Bekasi.
Police say the group has garnered at least Rp 1.56 billion from their robberies.
- Rizieq wants to go home after being questioned in Saudi
- 'Wiro Sableng 212' strives to define Indonesian films
- Golkar to announce candidates for 2018 regional elections this month
- SEA Games Malaysia: Agus Prayogo wins men’s marathon silver
- Anambas Islands to finish airport expansion in September
- Jokowi signs election bill into law
- SM Entertainment releases statement over Taeyeon's airport incident
- Lombok to host Ampenan Old Town Cultural Festival
- Aceh highlights traditional cuisine to promote halal tourism
- Prison expansion sought to solve overcrowding problem