Police shoot dead suspect in gas station armed robbery
The Jakarta Post
Jakarta Police have shot dead a man who is alleged to have robbed and shot dead Davidson Tantono in Daan Mogot, West Jakarta, on June 9.
“Yes, we’ve shot [the suspect] him dead,” Jakarta Police spokesman Sr. Comr. Argo Yuwono said Saturday, referring to the suspect as IR.
Argo said IR was arrested in Karawang, West Java. Police detectives had taken IR to Bogor, West Java to identify others that may have been involved in the armed robbery. However, the suspect reportedly attempted to escape.
Besides IR, police also rounded up three other suspects, TP, M, and DTK, who are reportedly members of a group dubbed by local media as Jakarta’s Ocean’s Eleven.
According to Argo, the group is allegedly behind the deadly robbery at a gas station in Cengkareng. The group is also reportedly behind crimes in Jakarta, Tangerang, Banten, Cirebon and Bekasi.
Police say the group has garnered at least Rp 1.56 billion from their robberies.
- Indonesian magician The Sacred Riana is crowned winner of Asia's Got Talent Season 2
- Yogyakarta airport developers warned not to ‘steal’ people’s land
- In first, SpaceX launches recycled rocket and spaceship
- 2 killed, 7 injured in Java quake: Agency
- Foundation documents culinary heritage via smartphone app
- Oil and gas lifting to fall slightly short of target
- Police arrest doctor for alleged hate speech against TNI chief
- Jakarta transportation operators to rejuvenate fleets
- H&M says to close more stores as customers go online
- Saudi women will also be allowed to drive motorcycles