Police shoot dead suspect in gas station armed robbery
The Jakarta Post
Jakarta Police have shot dead a man who is alleged to have robbed and shot dead Davidson Tantono in Daan Mogot, West Jakarta, on June 9.
“Yes, we’ve shot [the suspect] him dead,” Jakarta Police spokesman Sr. Comr. Argo Yuwono said Saturday, referring to the suspect as IR.
Argo said IR was arrested in Karawang, West Java. Police detectives had taken IR to Bogor, West Java to identify others that may have been involved in the armed robbery. However, the suspect reportedly attempted to escape.
Besides IR, police also rounded up three other suspects, TP, M, and DTK, who are reportedly members of a group dubbed by local media as Jakarta’s Ocean’s Eleven.
According to Argo, the group is allegedly behind the deadly robbery at a gas station in Cengkareng. The group is also reportedly behind crimes in Jakarta, Tangerang, Banten, Cirebon and Bekasi.
Police say the group has garnered at least Rp 1.56 billion from their robberies.
- List of moderate Islamic preachers needed: Scholar
- Planning to travel this Ramadhan? Try these Muslim
- US warns Syria of 'firm' action over southern offensive
- Dugong sellers thwarted in West Sulawesi
- Colombia to become first Latin American NATO 'global partner'
- Malaysian playboy financier in cross
- Pair of Japanese premium melons sell for record $29,300
- Japan keeps word, gifts Akita dog to Russian skater Zagitova
- Two Koreas’ leaders hold second summit: Cheong Wa Dae
- New Terrorism Law no silver bullet, says rights researcher