Four foreign inmates escape Bali prison through tunnel
The Jakarta Post
Four foreign inmates have managed to dig a tunnel and escape Kerobokan Prison in Denpasar, Bali.
Kerobokan chief warden Tony Nainggolan said prison guards became aware of the escape during a routine inspection on Monday morning.
“We found that the four inmates were missing during the inspection,” Tony was quoted by tribunnews.com.
The escaped inmates have been identified as Australian Shaun Edward Davidson aka Eddi Lonsdale aka Michael John Bayman, Bulgarian Dimitar Nikolov, Indian Syaed Mohammed Said and Malaysian Tee Kok King Bin Tee Kim Sai.Read also: Australian fugitive arrested in Bali over fake identity
After searching the premises, prison guards discovered a tunnel dug by the inmates behind the prison clinic. The 15-meter-long tunnel, with an opening measuring only 75 centimeters by 50 centimeters, emerges on Jl. Raya Mertanadi.
The police are currently hunting down the inmates. (dmr)
- G30S/PKI film is the correct version of history: Tommy Soeharto
- Residents near Mt. Agung begin to relocate their livestock
- Uber tops 500,000 signatures on petition to halt London ban
- Keep calm and enjoy Bali: Tourism association
- Wiranto calms fear over weapon shipment rumor
- Thousands flee rumbling Mount Agung
- Owner of Islamic matchmaking site arrested, charged under Pornography Law
- Gatot order on PKI film could create division: PDI-P
- New Zealand's English claims mandate to form government
- Singapore IS fighter challenges Prince Harry in video