Four foreign inmates escape Bali prison through tunnel
The Jakarta Post
Four foreign inmates have managed to dig a tunnel and escape Kerobokan Prison in Denpasar, Bali.
Kerobokan chief warden Tony Nainggolan said prison guards became aware of the escape during a routine inspection on Monday morning.
“We found that the four inmates were missing during the inspection,” Tony was quoted by tribunnews.com.
The escaped inmates have been identified as Australian Shaun Edward Davidson aka Eddi Lonsdale aka Michael John Bayman, Bulgarian Dimitar Nikolov, Indian Syaed Mohammed Said and Malaysian Tee Kok King Bin Tee Kim Sai.Read also: Australian fugitive arrested in Bali over fake identity
After searching the premises, prison guards discovered a tunnel dug by the inmates behind the prison clinic. The 15-meter-long tunnel, with an opening measuring only 75 centimeters by 50 centimeters, emerges on Jl. Raya Mertanadi.
The police are currently hunting down the inmates. (dmr)
- Ahok faces threats in Cipinang prison: Warden
- Prosecutors in e-ID case demand former Home Ministry officials be jailed
- How embargo affects Qatar investment in Indonesia
- Two Bali foreign inmates caught in Timor Leste
- Beijing's new mega airport will challenge Air China's dominance
- Bank Indonesia sets chip technology standard for ATMs, debit cards
- House inquiry team to meet National Police to ‘straighten things out’
- East Jakarta robbery gang well managed: Police
- Piaggio Indonesia poised strongly against Honda's challenge
- Police question witnesses following Kerobokan prison escape