Four foreign inmates escape Bali prison through tunnel
The Jakarta Post
Four foreign inmates have managed to dig a tunnel and escape Kerobokan Prison in Denpasar, Bali.
Kerobokan chief warden Tony Nainggolan said prison guards became aware of the escape during a routine inspection on Monday morning.
“We found that the four inmates were missing during the inspection,” Tony was quoted by tribunnews.com.
The escaped inmates have been identified as Australian Shaun Edward Davidson aka Eddi Lonsdale aka Michael John Bayman, Bulgarian Dimitar Nikolov, Indian Syaed Mohammed Said and Malaysian Tee Kok King Bin Tee Kim Sai.Read also: Australian fugitive arrested in Bali over fake identity
After searching the premises, prison guards discovered a tunnel dug by the inmates behind the prison clinic. The 15-meter-long tunnel, with an opening measuring only 75 centimeters by 50 centimeters, emerges on Jl. Raya Mertanadi.
The police are currently hunting down the inmates. (dmr)
- TV program under fire for showing protected giant clam being cooked
- Kate, wife of UK's Prince William, taken to hospital to give birth to third child
- Group touts Susi Pudjiastuti as Jokowi’s running mate
- New rule no 'carte blanche' for foreign workers: Minister
- EDITORIAL: When interests collide
- Indonesian-made messaging app Callind launches in Jakarta
- Landslide damages house in Depok
- Driver named suspect after death of toddler in East Jakarta
- Thousands of online ‘ojek’ drivers stage rally, demand better pay, partnerships
- No ticketing on first day of Sudirman-Thamrin odd-even trial run