Four foreign inmates escape Bali prison through tunnel
The Jakarta Post
Four foreign inmates have managed to dig a tunnel and escape Kerobokan Prison in Denpasar, Bali.
Kerobokan chief warden Tony Nainggolan said prison guards became aware of the escape during a routine inspection on Monday morning.
“We found that the four inmates were missing during the inspection,” Tony was quoted by tribunnews.com.
The escaped inmates have been identified as Australian Shaun Edward Davidson aka Eddi Lonsdale aka Michael John Bayman, Bulgarian Dimitar Nikolov, Indian Syaed Mohammed Said and Malaysian Tee Kok King Bin Tee Kim Sai.Read also: Australian fugitive arrested in Bali over fake identity
After searching the premises, prison guards discovered a tunnel dug by the inmates behind the prison clinic. The 15-meter-long tunnel, with an opening measuring only 75 centimeters by 50 centimeters, emerges on Jl. Raya Mertanadi.
The police are currently hunting down the inmates. (dmr)
- Rain puts out forest fire on Mt Lawu
- Saudi Arabia's jailed trailblazers
- Intel CEO resigns after probe of relationship with employee
- Indonesia poised to benefit as China's Belt and Road turns green
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- India offers free e-visa for Indonesians
- Indonesia's growing thirst for coffee drains premium bean supplies
- Pro IS cleric gets death for inspiring terror attacks in Indonesia
- Jakpost guide to bookworm havens
- UK visa requirements relaxed for Indonesian students