Four foreign inmates escape Bali prison through tunnel
The Jakarta Post
Four foreign inmates have managed to dig a tunnel and escape Kerobokan Prison in Denpasar, Bali.
Kerobokan chief warden Tony Nainggolan said prison guards became aware of the escape during a routine inspection on Monday morning.
“We found that the four inmates were missing during the inspection,” Tony was quoted by tribunnews.com.
The escaped inmates have been identified as Australian Shaun Edward Davidson aka Eddi Lonsdale aka Michael John Bayman, Bulgarian Dimitar Nikolov, Indian Syaed Mohammed Said and Malaysian Tee Kok King Bin Tee Kim Sai.Read also: Australian fugitive arrested in Bali over fake identity
After searching the premises, prison guards discovered a tunnel dug by the inmates behind the prison clinic. The 15-meter-long tunnel, with an opening measuring only 75 centimeters by 50 centimeters, emerges on Jl. Raya Mertanadi.
The police are currently hunting down the inmates. (dmr)
- BI, government team up to control inflation
- Indonesia seeks immediate return of two fishermen released by Abu Sayyaf
- ‘Sungkyunkwan Scandal’ actor Jun Tae-soo dies
- US Defense Secretary Mattis holds meeting with Retno
- Trial resumes of Kim Jong-Nam murder suspects
- 'Angkot' drivers protest Tanah Abang street closure
- Pence set for warm Israeli welcome, Palestinian snub
- City plans to build permanent bridges in South Jakarta
- Volcano rains ash on Philippines as experts warn of violent eruption
- Jakarta Composite Index hits 6,500 on Monday