Four foreign inmates escape Bali prison through tunnel
The Jakarta Post
Four foreign inmates have managed to dig a tunnel and escape Kerobokan Prison in Denpasar, Bali.
Kerobokan chief warden Tony Nainggolan said prison guards became aware of the escape during a routine inspection on Monday morning.
“We found that the four inmates were missing during the inspection,” Tony was quoted by tribunnews.com.
The escaped inmates have been identified as Australian Shaun Edward Davidson aka Eddi Lonsdale aka Michael John Bayman, Bulgarian Dimitar Nikolov, Indian Syaed Mohammed Said and Malaysian Tee Kok King Bin Tee Kim Sai.Read also: Australian fugitive arrested in Bali over fake identity
After searching the premises, prison guards discovered a tunnel dug by the inmates behind the prison clinic. The 15-meter-long tunnel, with an opening measuring only 75 centimeters by 50 centimeters, emerges on Jl. Raya Mertanadi.
The police are currently hunting down the inmates. (dmr)
- Indonesia Instagram's biggest market in Asia Pacific
- Jakarta Police welcome new chief
- Locals bulldoze orangutan conservation forest area in East Kalimantan
- World Bank to offer blended financing for Indonesia
- World Bank advises Indonesia to push for reforms
- Ubud listed among 'world's top 15 cities'
- Penyengat Island to focus on religious tourism
- 'Interest groups have played with Novel's case': Activist
- The best airport in the world just got better
- Freeport to issue new shares to meet divestment requirement