Greater Jakarta: Ahok may be transferred to Cipinang
The Jakarta Post
Plans have been made to transfer former Jakarta governor Basuki “Ahok” Tjahaja Purnama to Cipinang Penitentiary in East Jakarta, according to an official from the North Jakarta Prosecutor’s Office.
Preparations to move Ahok began after his lawyers and prosecutors retracted their appeal against Ahok’s two-year prison sentence for blasphemy.
“Normally, [Ahok would be transfer...
- Pertamina renewable investment portion to reach 15 percent by 2030
- Construction of Central Jakarta Police headquarters to begin in April
- Google Assistant adds more languages in global push
- Apple plans upgrades to popular AirPods headphones
- What to watch for in gadgets, deals from the biggest mobile show
- Death toll in Syria enclave tops 500 after UN delays truce vote
- Bogor reduces more than 5 tons of waste a day
- Deputy governor Perry Warjiyo nominated to head Bank Indonesia
- Hopeful travelers line up overnight for flight promotions
- Three bombs hit capital of Myanmar's Rakhine state