Greater Jakarta: Ahok may be transferred to Cipinang
The Jakarta Post
Plans have been made to transfer former Jakarta governor Basuki “Ahok” Tjahaja Purnama to Cipinang Penitentiary in East Jakarta, according to an official from the North Jakarta Prosecutor’s Office.
Preparations to move Ahok began after his lawyers and prosecutors retracted their appeal against Ahok’s two-year prison sentence for blasphemy.
“Normally, [Ahok would be transfer...
- Rain puts out forest fire on Mt Lawu
- Using the best of Security Council membership for Palestine-Israel conflict
- Malaysia's Najib explains why he had so many luxury handbags, lots of cash, jewe...
- UK visa requirements relaxed for Indonesian students
- We deserve more choices
- Number missing in Indonesia ferry disaster jumps again to 192: official
- Handgun found in bin at Soekarno-Hatta airport
- US centers force migrant children to take drugs -lawsuit
- Wiji Thukul's daughter heals tragedy with poetry
- Traveler forgets father at rest stop upon return from Lebaran holiday